Tt seats in s3

daithi23

Reaction score
Guys,

Would mk1 tt seats fit into my s3 with ease, or is there a massive amount of work to be done?

subframes are different iirc and TT seats are just A3/Golf seats anyway and are not electric

<tuffty/>

So I'd need to get the subframe off of mk4 based seats, and weld them up to the TT ones?

I'll be honest and say I don't know for sure... A3 ones may work...

Main reason TT seats are what they are (I believe they are still made by recaro) and not recaros like the S3 is height limitations... A3 seats sit lower than S3 seats as they are not burdened with all the electrics

I am intrigued as to why you want to change them as S3 recaros are far more comfortable (IMO of course)

<tuffty/>

I have a thread going in here somewhere about his problem where my passenger seat fell forward a few weeks ago and locked into the folded forward position. I spent hours on google and trying to figure it out but to no positive conclusion. A friend of mine locally has a pair of TT seats going pretty cheap so I figure it'll do me until I can get my S3 seat sorted.

Now, if you could shed some light on the broken seat, I'd be very happy with that!!

Do you know what makes the S3 seat sit higher. Is it frame or the physical level of the seat?

I need lower seats, S3 seats are like driving a bus when you 6'3". S3 seats are damn heavy too, I pulled a serious back fat when I removed them for the first time.

I think it's the actual seat as all the electrics are at the base of the seat.

Tuffty, I might have to put you on speed dial, you seem to know everything about the 8L!