1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tt/s3 225bhp 380cc injectors

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by seany26, May 29, 2013.

1. seany26

seany26 Member

I've currently got these injectors fitted and am getting rich code. Could this be because the s3/tt 225bhp run 2.5bar in the rail regulated and the a4 1.8t runs 4bar with an un-regulated fuel rail. When I got the car remapped would they have taken this into account?

Anyone ever done this mod successfully before?
  2. docurley

docurley Moderator Staff Member Moderator

If you did not tell them you was running TT injectors they would have installed a generic map for stock components so take them out and put stock back in.
  3. AlexGSi2000

AlexGSi2000 Well-Known Member

As above, injectors need to be taken into account when mapping.
    If you aren't planning on having a custom map done soon then remove them, as it will lead to other issues (i.e-borewash)
  4. Andie0

Andie0 Member

I run these injectors in my stage 2 bex and run really well!
  5. beachbuggy

beachbuggy Well-Known Member

If the Ecu pulls more than 23%ish trim it will throw the code and give the eml.
    380cc injectors need to have the fuel map changed over plus you need to ideally run the same for they came from, it's a simple task of fitting a 3bar s3 or TT fpr and copying over the fuelling maps from the s3 225bhp maps. You should have told the guy mapping it fitted the larger injectors.
  6. madmike01uk

madmike01uk Member

Quote from R-tech facebook page "Yet another 1.8t been running a 4 bar fuel reg and now has a fooked fuel pump.... Stop it!!!!!" aparently it's been covered a lot
  7. seany26

seany26 Member

Thanks lads, this helps. Going to have to look into fitting a 3bar fpr to my car if the 386's can't run on the standard 4bar that the built in fpr on fuel filter regulates to.

Anyone done this, as there is no return to the tank from my fuel rail?
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2013
  8. Paul_A4_UK

Paul_A4_UK Member

A little off topic here. I plan to have a remap later this year and was going to invest in new injectors too so I can achieve 230hp-235hp. Am I right in thinking that I couldn't use S3/TT injectors on my A4 B6 (190) BEX without changing the FPR? I am going to take a guess at this being a fuel pressure regulator?

If that is the case can you simply not just get injectors that will work with the existing FPR on my car? or is it just a case of a live map is required instead of a generic one?
  9. seany26

seany26 Member

Yes fuel pressure regulator. Our a4's don't have a regulator at the fuel rail, it's built into the fuel filter at the tank because they are returnless system. so it's not a straight swap, for the s3/tt 386cc injectors from what beachbuggy is saying but I'm still trying to find out for sure.should have the info by the end of the day as to what I'm going to do.
    I do believe the 380cc injectors are a straight swap, so prob safer going with them. I did tell my mapping guy that I had the s3 injectors installed and he must not of seen a problem with that. So I'm looking into it now for sure.