1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TT instrument cluster in A3?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Ivo, Nov 14, 2009.

1. Ivo

Ivo Member

[Nov 14, 2009]
    Is it possible?
    It seems that the shape is different but I am not sure..
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 31, 2014]

3. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Nov 14, 2009]
    Its not the shape to worry about, is it from the same engine type, same rev counter numbers, speedo etc, these are the relevant things not the fitment.
  4. A3Tom

A3Tom Smell my finger.

[Nov 14, 2009]
    Mk1 TT?,....why?. the dash is horrid in those. I like the little round vents etc but the speedo pod etc is nasty.
  5. Ivo

Ivo Member

[Nov 14, 2009]
    Both cars are 1.8T engine 180 hp. A3 is quattro TT is FWD. Fitment bothers me and I am wondering to buy or not to buy the TT cluster...
  6. grathies

grathies More Points Than Portsmouth FC

[Nov 14, 2009]
    Ivo, can I ask why you are wondering if you should buy one? Is your instument cluster broken?

And as for the clusters themselves, they have what are known as PR Codes, different ones for all sorts of equipment levels, countrys, engine codes etc, it can be a right mindfield
  7. Ivo

Ivo Member

[Nov 14, 2009]
    Actually story is quite complicated :)
    I own Seat Leon Topsport 1.8T 20VT4. As I suppose most people in this forum are not very aware of this car, that's why I am asking for TT to A3 conversion, beacuse Leon and A3 share the same dashboard and instrument cluster, practically it's the same car but there's one difference. Leon's never came with the big screen FIS display and on-board computer uses a small display in the revometer. I want to get instrument a cluster with FIS (I have a friend who will program it to work in the Leon) and I found that A3/S3 cluster fits perfectly in the Leon. Problem is that I found TT cluster on a good price and I want to know if I can fit it at the place of the Leon cluster. That's why I am asking for fitting TT cluster in A3. :)
  8. grathies

grathies More Points Than Portsmouth FC

[Nov 14, 2009]
    lol ah ok that makes sense then

Ive never heard of it done personally, and doesn the TT have a ****, small little FIS display? Just thinking that when I looked at my neighbours one it struck me as odd

Best of luck with getting it sorted tho
  9. Khufu

Khufu Active Member

[Nov 14, 2009]
    Isn't the 8P A3 of similar dimensions to the 8L? The biggest cross model changing problem I can see is the immobilizer. Im sure I can look out the pin-out for the 8P if it helps.