TT Installs

Naresh

Reaction score
Hi does anyone have pics of their audio installs in a TT please? I want to see what potential this car has for after market installs before I start mine. Any installing advice would be really helpful. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

that car was last years european EMMA (Car Sound competition) competition winner.

It was built by the russian sinfoni distributor and is truely stunning.. I saw it in germany last year.. jaw dropping attention to detail.

Amit

cant tell you about the install costs..

but the parts alone..

the Nakamich CD700II headunit before modifications is £1500
the 5 sinfoni amps used total to £2.5k +
and the rainbow reference front speakers are £3500

We are the uk distributors for sinfoni amplifiers.. and until recently rainbow speakers too.

I would estimate installation costs on that lot with all the custom fabrication and retrim would be £10k+

Amit

Think of that car as a concept car..

You dont have to spend anywhere near that amoount of money.

I recently did an install in a porsche boxster with a single sinfoni amp and a set of rainbow profi 3 way speakers. Less than £1000 in the UK and sounded fantastic.

Amit

Where can I get a custom section for the TT to hold another head unit where the ashtray is? I've seen this on some websites but haven't got the picture just now. Will post it up later! Basically I wanna fit a navi unit under the flap and an mp3 receiver underneath! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Is there any way to get mdf to follow curves though? I guess alot can be done with filler but how about the wood itself? (even if it is powdered wood!!) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

shape the mdf with a file/sander.. or take a mold of the area with filler..

cover the area you want to mold in ducktape.

Spray it with a silicon based intereior polish.. and build up with layers of filler on the tape. When set pull it away.

Dont do lots of filler in one go as the heat will cause issues.

Amit