1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tt gearbox

bengie Jul 14, 2004

1. bengie

bengie New Member

slightly different question here, i own a skoda octavia 4x4 and the gearbox has failed. will the 6 speed box off of the tt 225 fit my car?? i can get one of these boxes lots cheaper than getting the box re-conditioned so please guys, try and help me.

ben

2. RichA3Turbo

RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    4x4 turbo said:
    slightly different question here, i own a skoda octavia 4x4 and the gearbox has failed. will the 6 speed box off of the tt 225 fit my car?? i can get one of these boxes lots cheaper than getting the box re-conditioned so please guys, try and help me.

ben

[/ QUOTE ]

If your car is 4wd, then i guess it SHOULD fit, although i believe the TT gearbox is physically larger. You could always try a A3 1.8T Quattro gearbox.

Rich

3. bengie

bengie New Member

found out it will fit but i also need to change starter motor, tranfer box, selector, hydraulic lines, driveshafts and clutch so plenty of work involved.

anybody got a good sugestion for s3 driveshafts?? thats wot i need to make the box work

cheers

ben