1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tt gearbox

Discussion in 'TT/TT-S/TT-RS Forum' started by bengie, Jul 14, 2004.

1. bengie

bengie New Member

[Jul 14, 2004]
    slightly different question here, i own a skoda octavia 4x4 and the gearbox has failed. will the 6 speed box off of the tt 225 fit my car?? i can get one of these boxes lots cheaper than getting the box re-conditioned so please guys, try and help me.

ben
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 27, 2014]

3. RichA3Turbo

RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

[Jul 15, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]
    4x4 turbo said:
    slightly different question here, i own a skoda octavia 4x4 and the gearbox has failed. will the 6 speed box off of the tt 225 fit my car?? i can get one of these boxes lots cheaper than getting the box re-conditioned so please guys, try and help me.

ben

[/ QUOTE ]

If your car is 4wd, then i guess it SHOULD fit, although i believe the TT gearbox is physically larger. You could always try a A3 1.8T Quattro gearbox.

Rich
  4. bengie

bengie New Member

[Jul 15, 2004]
    found out it will fit but i also need to change starter motor, tranfer box, selector, hydraulic lines, driveshafts and clutch so plenty of work involved.

anybody got a good sugestion for s3 driveshafts?? thats wot i need to make the box work

cheers

ben