TT BBS wheels on the S3?

vernS3

Reaction score
Hi,

Firstly I apologise if this post should be in th TT section I wasn't sure where to post it- mods feel free to move it if this is the case /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I was wondering if anyboy knew the offical name for the BBS wheels that I have seen on pictures of TT's over the years (I assume they were an optional extra),think they look really nice and am considering a set for the S3.

I have found these and think they are the ones, but would like someone with more experience to let me know: -

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/DisplayWh...l+Stainless+Lip

Finally has anyone got any pictures of an S3 with these wheels on so I can really make my mind up, they look really good on the TT and can't see why they wouldn't be as good on my S3 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can pass onto a newbie!

Vern

[ QUOTE ]

I was wondering if anyboy knew the offical name for the BBS wheels that I have seen on pictures of TT's over the years (I assume they were an optional extra),think they look really nice and am considering a set for the S3.

[/ QUOTE ]

They were/are indeed an option on the TT.

They are BBS RSIIs

You obviously have impeccable taste, if you are considering a set...

[ QUOTE ]

I have found these and think they are the ones, but would like someone with more experience to let me know: -

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/DisplayWh...l+Stainless+Lip

[/ QUOTE ]

Although they are the same wheel, I think you'll find the TT size and offset is only available through Audi dealers.

[ QUOTE ]

Finally has anyone got any pictures of an S3 with these wheels on so I can really make my mind up, they look really good on the TT and can't see why they wouldn't be as good on my S3 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

How about a few pics of my old S3...with those exact wheels on:

10220091-1afc-02000180-.jpg

As they were bought...

33526090-80a4-02000180-.jpg

After a spot of custom re-finishing...

32732576-0166-02000180-.jpg

Hi Glen,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly and answering all my questions!.....in one post you have helped me make my mind up about the wheels!

I thought they would look good, but seeing those pictures they look even better, I must have a set hehe!!

God_Thats_Quick - Thanks for posting that link up, I shall keep a close eye on it!

Whats the correct offset for an S3, is it 33? (i'm new to this whole alloy thing!)

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Glen,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly and answering all my questions!.....in one post you have helped me make my mind up about the wheels!

I thought they would look good, but seeing those pictures they look even better, I must have a set hehe!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Good choice...
In my view they look better on an S3 than on a TT.

[ QUOTE ]

Whats the correct offset for an S3, is it 33? (i'm new to this whole alloy thing!)

[/ QUOTE ]

Standard 7.5" x 17s are ET32.

BBS RSIIS 8.0" x 18 are ET33.

Overall, they fill the arches a bit better (by a few mms)

You can run 16mm spacers F & R and they'll still fit...if you wanted. I did.

Ok, I'm 99.9% sure I will be investing in these wheels fairly soon.

I am right in assuming they will go straight onto the S3 without any rubbing or modification needed?

[ QUOTE ]

I am right in assuming they will go straight onto the S3 without any rubbing or modification needed?

[/ QUOTE ]

Straight on...no messing.

Well they have been ordered!!!

Hopefully should be here in around a week, scary how easy it is to spend that much money!

Orderd them from Rochford tyres in the end, only had the one set in stock, but they are are brand new, original and audi stamped. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

Nice choice...

Now, whatever you do, DON'T use Wonder Wheels or any other acidic / alkalai wheel cleaners on them...as you WILL wreck them!

I suggest you use Autoglym Motorcycle cleaner, which is a detergent (soap) based cleaner which Autoglym recommended to me for use on thos wheels...and I never had any corrosion issues whilst using it.

I also use it - and it alone - on my GT3 wheels on my 911...it doesn't damage wheels.

Enjoy them...and remember to post pics...

Once again, thank you very much Glen for all your help, advice and ultra quick response!, I shall buy some Autoglym Motorcycle cleaner once they have arrived!

Oh and don't worry pictures will be posted!

I'm one happy man, be even happier when I can look out at my car with its new wheels!

[ QUOTE ]

How about a few pics of my old S3...with those exact wheels on:

10220091-1afc-02000180-.jpg

As they were bought...

33526090-80a4-02000180-.jpg

After a spot of custom re-finishing...

32732576-0166-02000180-.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Sunroof always open? You live up in the 'Shire for pity's sake, that's just showing off ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Heh, nice car, nice wheels!

[ QUOTE ]

Sunroof always open? You live up in the 'Shire for pity's sake, that's just showing off ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

1st job, start engine
2nd sunroof open
3rd seatbelt on...
Every time.

The S3 has a good heater you know...and heated seats, so the sunroof was always open.

Besides, it improves the aerodynamics... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My S3 doesnt have a sun roof, my golf did. much prefer the Air-Con!

Nice wheels by the way, good choice.

Ess_Three do you have/ did you have a similar number plate on a silver Mk iii Golf?

Chris

[ QUOTE ]

My S3 doesnt have a sun roof, my golf did. much prefer the Air-Con!

[/ QUOTE ]

Both...that's the future!!

[ QUOTE ]

Nice wheels by the way, good choice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers...from me anyway...

[ QUOTE ]

Ess_Three do you have/ did you have a similar number plate on a silver Mk iii Golf?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure do Chris...

A Mk3 GTI Anniversary 16v.

GTI was P12GRS when the S3 was B12GRS.

Now the GTI is on B12GRS...the old S3 plate.

Hi Glen,

Just curious, am I gong to be making much in the way of saving weight over the standard 17inch Avus alloys seeing as these are going to be 18inch?

I shall try to weigh them when they arrive!

Well they have arrived! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

Took a little longer than planned, but I ended up having to cancel my original order and go to another company....ordered them on Friday and they arrived this morning...very impressed with the service!

Shall be going out soon to fit them, and then I will post some pictures!

Hi,
Nice choice of wheels look a lot better on the S3 sorry don't have a better photo than the one to the left but you will get the idea.
Merdock

The wheels look good mate. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Love the colour aswell, ive never seen an S3 in that colour before. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

Thanks, I can't believe how much they have changed the look of the car, they are perfect!

Steve - It's Merlin Purple, not all that common on S3's from what I understand which makes the car that little more special!

Looks good Vern! Like the colour of your S3 also!