1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TT 3.2 Quattro DSG/Manual

Discussion in 'TT/TT-S/TT-RS Forum' started by aveedub, Aug 25, 2008.

1. aveedub

aveedub New Member

Hi Everyone, i'm new to Audi although i currently drive a Golf mark 3 VR6 shed (forgive me car!!)
    i'm going to change to a 2004 vintage TT 3.2 Quattro very shortly, either manual or DSG. i have driven the DSG version and it blew my mind,:drool: so now attempting to haggle with local dealer on price :banghead: . are there any major faults i should be aware of, DSG box for example? i know the dash pod is a common problem....BUT my intial reading / research seems to suggest the rest of car is pretty much bullet proof (my Golf engine is similar and no problems at 130K miles).

i was thinking about a manual box but with the start/stop we have in this country i felt DSG better and guess there is no consumption penalty with this choice?any comments would be gratefully received!!!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Geordie Mike

Geordie Mike Yeee-haw

Nothing major to worry about. I may happen to have a 2004 DSG should anyone be interested.

4. aveedub

aveedub New Member

hi Geordie Mike.......thanks for response........now done the deal........£12K for a mint 28K miles car and the stealer is changing garrish red leather into bargain for black!! he he he!!

i tell you what it pays to be cool when buying a car.....when i told them i wasn't interested i left it and..... surprise surprise, a day or two later, they were on the the phone dropping the price!!!! i'm still convinced, call me cynical, that they made a profit on car despite their protestations!!!

definitely a buyers market at moment!!! i take delivery on Tuesday, i'm already grinning from ear to ear!!

best wishes

shane