1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TT 3.2 DSG Test

djmotorsport Aug 11, 2003

1. djmotorsport

djmotorsport Member VCDS Map User

I had a test drive on Saturday morning - The engine sounds fantastic (due to some sort of vairiable exhaust flap) and pulls really strongly from low revs - DSG works really well in all three modes (Auto, Auto Sport and Tiptronic) and is the best auto I've driven, but I'd still prefer a manual. The front end felt a bit heavier than my S3, but it didn't understeer at test speeds - It only had 70 miles on it! My wife loved it, so looks like there will be a TTR 225(2000 W) for sale in October (18k, FASH, Met Black, Comp Alloys/S03, Bose/changer)

DJ

2. djmotorsport

djmotorsport Member VCDS Map User

No way it's a slush box! Changes are almost instant (dual clutches?) - let's call it a semi-automatic - the first of a new generation.

ScoTTY, any idea when the rag top will be announced?

DJ

3. vagman

vagman Member

Popped into Dundee Audi this afternoon.

They have a misano/silver leather 3.2 Quattro as a demo, but they won't be registering it until 1st Sept.

However, had a good look around it and blipped the throttle a few times. Sounds great, but you already knew that didn't you.

Although I've already ordered one, for March 04, I am getting to take it away for a day. I've got a weeks holiday next week, so I'll be swapping the 225 for a few hours.

Yeeehaaaa

4. scoTTy

scoTTy Active Member

"Ragtop" was announced at the same time so can be ordered. They will be available from November onwards.