1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tt 225 noise after hard driving?

Discussion in 'TT/TT-S/TT-RS Forum' started by tt-matt, Oct 26, 2013.

1. tt-matt

tt-matt New Member

[Oct 26, 2013]
    hi im new to the tt ive only had it about a month but i seem to have a problem.my car drives fine and with no problems when driving normal or just the odd squirt of the pedal BUT today i was having a play with my mate in his cupra r up and down the local carraige way and after a couple of minuits of hard driving i had a horrible knocking/vibrating noise coming right through the car it felt like it was from front to back i got a bit scared so i slowed down to about 30 for a bit then it went so i put my foot down again around the island and the as i was going up through the gears it started again.it seems to happen after ive gone round a bent a bit up turning slightly when going hard at it.any help would be greatly appreciated thanks guys ;)
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 22, 2014]

3. vivalacoulter

vivalacoulter Member

[Oct 26, 2013]
    Could be a coilpack, any lights on the dash?
  4. tt-matt

tt-matt New Member

[Oct 26, 2013]
    hi no lights on dash mate the noise is from under the car like a knocking noise or something
  5. vivalacoulter

vivalacoulter Member

[Oct 26, 2013]
    Hmm, any proof of when the Haldex was last serviced? Try taking the fuse for the Haldex out and see if it still happens.
  6. tt-matt

tt-matt New Member

[Oct 26, 2013]
    it was serviced about 5k ago along with cambelt and water pump mate,where is the haldex fuse and what number is it mate?thanks for your replie
  7. tt-matt

tt-matt New Member

[Oct 26, 2013]
    right I've just remove the haldex fuse and gone for a spin its still the same and only does it when turning left but I've just had a new ss exhaust so I'm hoping it's just that knocking as it only does it one way.fingers crossed ay :)
  8. vivalacoulter

vivalacoulter Member

[Oct 26, 2013]
    Yeah maybe it's come loose of some supports! At least it's not an expensive haldex issue :)