TT 18" wheels

Chip20

Reaction score
Hi,Just bought a set of TT 18" alloys do they just fit straight on to the S3 or are the tyre sizes different? Tyre size they have on now are 225 40 18...
Thanks
Chip

Tyre size is only half the story. You want to compare the size of your current tyres with the new ones to check the difference in overall circumference size.

Willtheyfit.com

Next thing to check is the PCD,centre bore size, width and offset. Think the A3 and TT share the same wheel specs mostly, but likely the offset is going to be different. That will determine the need for spacers or not.

Those tyres will be fine on your car, if they are 5x100 and genuine TT ones then they should go straight on, some of them came in a 5x112 i believe and then theres the reps that were in various sizes.

Actually which shape car do you have, you haven't stated what you are driving, also which shape TT did the wheels come off, this will make a difference....

I drive a 2002 S3 and the TT wheels came off same aged car.
My S3 wheels are 225/45/17 ET32 17x75
TT wheels are 225/40/18/ET33 18x8.

I drive a 2002 S3 and the TT wheels came off same aged car.
My S3 wheels are 225/45/17 ET32 17x75
TT wheels are 225/40/18/ET33 18x8.

Looking online the alloys should both have a centre bore of 57.1mm and a PCD of 5x100. Tyre size looks spot on (every inch you increase in rim size, you should decrease the tyre profile by 5%) and offset is the same, so should theoretically be a straight swap!

No spacers needed unless you want a wider stance than you have now?

I've only dealt with alloys from an A5 so worth getting confirmation from others.

Reactions: Chip20
Looking online the alloys should both have a centre bore of 57.1mm and a PCD of 5x100. Tyre size looks spot on (every inch you increase in rim size, you should decrease the tyre profile by 5%) and offset is the same, so should theoretically be a straight swap!

No spacers needed unless you want a wider stance than you have now?

I've only dealt with alloys from an A5 so worth getting confirmation from others.
Thanks for your help

Reactions: DrEskimo
They should be ok then mate, best thing to do is give them a go, also i would recommend posting the question in the 8L section, as you will get a more specific response in there to your queries.

Hope that helps
Nilz

Reactions: Chip20