TT 10 Plate with Parrot MKi 9200

mattmcspirit

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've just picked up a new 10 plate TT TDI, with standard Concert radio (no BOSE) and AUX-IN socket behind the handbrake. CD/Radio/AUX-In all sound fine after a bit of tweaking in the TONE menu. So far so good!

I've just had a Parrot MKi 9200 professionally fitted, and it looks great - really impressed with the install, and the functionality is good too, however, there are 2 things I'm having issues with.

1) Everything is coming out of the front 2 speakers only - now, I've read around a number of forums, and I understand why this is, and that I'll probably need a Connects2 kit or something similar in order to get at least the music coming through the rest of the speakers at a decent level and quality.

2) My main issue is however, that even though the sound is only coming through the front speakers, even when just using the phone, the volume seems really low. I've put the volume on the Parrot kit up to 100% for phone calls, but when the engine is on, and I'm travelling in excess of 30mph, things like a dialling tone, or an actual conversation are very low. All the muting works fine, but I can't adjust the volume on the HU, which just says PHONE, so I'm at a bit of a loss as to why this is! It's running the latest firmware on the Parrot device.

Has anyone experienced similar? Both myself and the installer are investigating, but if anyone had any info off the top of their head, it would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
Matt

Hi mate,

The parrot kit has it's own built in amplifier which runs the speakers. your audi headunit isnt actually powering the speakers when playing music/calls from the phone. I had the same issue with my parrot install, apart from fitting a serperate amplifier for the parrot, theres not much you can do I don't think. Brand new TT and you didn't pay the cost of a parrot for the proper audi bluetooth prep?! madness! lol