1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to get pre-out from HU

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by S3 AJU, Jun 23, 2007.

1. S3 AJU

S3 AJU New Member

[Jun 23, 2007]
    I'm trying to get a line out from the Hu to RCA but this is a headache. I would have taken the back panel as per Andy Macs manual, but I just didn't want to pull out the back covers. Anyway got the sat nav bose RNS-D HU out and saw that a block for front left and right + - is not connected can I take a feed from here?
    Or from the other block connector where it states line out, but it's a bit complicated 1 wire for right front 2 wires for left front and 1 wire left back and 2 wires for right back. Now how on hell can I convert that to a single speaker without + and - connections....Am I missing something here ?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 30, 2014]

3. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Jun 23, 2007]
    All the speakers are amped on the Bose setup so the only wired connections are pre-outs, which feed the 4ch Bose amp which then feeds the cabin speakers.
    There's only a single wire for each pre-out and then a common screen for all of them.
    Pick it up from the sub connector, you can get to it through the cubbyhole, no need to remove any trim.
  4. S3 AJU

S3 AJU New Member

[Jun 23, 2007]
    Thanks Andy,

The man with the master plan......
  5. S3 AJU

S3 AJU New Member

[Jun 25, 2007]
    Hi All,

With the help of AndyMac I was able to complete this issue.
    You can get a feed from the rear sub output for bose system as per AndyMac's instructions. I connected a flying RCA lead to the connectors and all good.
    I earthed the under the seat belt buckle and sanded it down the metal coating.