Trouble Starting, Then White Smoke

jdw88rm

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Recently got car back from garage after the cambelt went on it and had to have a whole new head put on. Been running fine since I got it back but this morning it had trouble starting. Thought I'd flooded the engine so kept it turning over and pumping the accelerator til she started up but then she began bellowing white smoke. Took her for a drive for 5 mins and she calmed right down. Was running fine.
Left it a few hours and tried again and the exact same thing happened?!
Any help as to what it could be would be great.

Cheers

which engine ?

Probably air leak on diesel line somewhere , they will have disturbed something when doing the head, PD engines are very prone to this problem, may be worth checking heater plugs first though.

Ah ok.
Just had the RAC come look at it... no fault codes but he thinks it could be a leaking valve seal

Oil seal. He said the smell of the smoke is 100% oil related and has ruled out head gasket and turbo problem.
John, did you receive the DD CCU?

Ah ok.
Yes the entire head is brand new. It cost the garage that did the work £1000+

Mechanic has said number 2 injector is faulty and is the reason for the problem. Can these simply be cleaned or will I require a new one, or even all 4?! Really need to watch the pennies! Any help would be great. Thanks guys

If its sticking then get some forte diesel treatment and put the whole bottle through the tank if it doesn't cure it then new injector, PD injectors are prone to varnishing up and sticking , done several recently, some clear with forte some don't.

Ok. How much roughly could I be looking at for a new injector, fitted?