Trouble Connecting my phone to my a5

haggis84

Reaction score
Picked up my a5 weds nite. Dealer offered to connect my phone for me but i thought how hard can it be. Well the numpty that i am cannot seem to figure it out. I press phone button and it says no phone connected i turn my bluetooth on but it doesnt bring anything up. The 4 corner buttons dont give me any options to go in to connect. Tried youtube but nothin seems to match. Its a 2010 model. Can anyobe help??

Reactions: Chris Parrott
Same problem here in my s5

Attachments

• IMG_4382.JPG
    IMG_4382.JPG
    871.2 KB · Views: 496
press setup and tel, look at the options it should be reset or pin. look at the pin turn your bluetooth on and verify if you see it. Pair and check.

Sorry to revive and old thread . But ive got this on my recently purchased A5 . Can anyone help in regards to getting it working and cost. Also would like to get my ipod working through stereo . Ive got an aux port just under armrest . Can this be used to connect ipod to the stereo???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have a similar problem pairing my phone ( Audi Concert ) My phone does pair with the head unit but does not sync contacts/numbers etc, It all worked fine up until last night when i got an EML pop up, On reading the codes i now have a telematic error,
Any ideas folks???

My bluetooth module in the car comes up as a Kufatec Fiscon unit and as i mentioned in the post above i am having connection problems regarding the displaying of contacts/numbers.
I have had a search on the forum but still no real answer to my problem, I have also been on the Kufatec website and followed their FAQ's re display features etc, I have been in the car again and tried all of their solutions and it still does not work as it should. The phone does connect as the screen displays my network provider and bluetooth signal strength which is all good but again no contacts or call logs.
I tried also to pair my wifes iphone 6 to the car and it gave same result, The phone was there but not contacts, When i called her phone then it was connected handsfree and all display features were correct and all sound and controls worked as they should.
Has anyone on the board come across this problem and if so then how did you resolve it? I am going back to the dealer on Monday and get his tech guy to see about re-coding the headunit and hope that does the trick.

How long are you leaving the phone connected before you look at the call log. When I get in on a morning the phone connects straight away but the call log and phone book takes about 20-30 seconds to load. While it's loading the options stay greyed out.

I have tried every which way with this connecting malarky, I have tried 3 different phones all with the same result............No contacts or call logs. When i am in the car with my phone connected the screen shows my service provider and if i get a call from one of my contacts then their name is displayed as it should be but if i go to call them back then there is no log of their call, I have sent Kufatec Fisco an email to see what they say about this and from their website they have mobile service/repair techs in my area so maybe they can come and sort it out for a fee.

Mine has just started doing this as well.

Tried everything but no joy - so annoying!

I emailed Kufatec Fiscon today and have had a reply asking what make/model of phone i have and also how old is the software/firmware on the car, I can only assume that the software will be of the same vintage as the car, Now according to their website, If the bluetooth module requires an update then i have to remove the box and send it back to them, That is all fine and dandy if you know where the module is within the car, They did ask for the VIN so maybe it is on a database compiled by the installers so they may know where to find this elusive module. I say elusive because today i had the carpets lifted under both front seats and also removed the glovebox but still can't find it. I will await their reply tomorrow and take it from there, To be honest though i can see me having a parrot handsfree fitted by Halfrauds as it does everything i need and plays any media you plug into it.

I have the MMI firmware updates to do, so may do these to see if it helps. If it does I'll let you know.

Maybe an iPhone thing.

I emailed Kufatec on Monday and to be fair they did reply fairly fast with two questions........" What phone" and " How old is the software on the car"
Not heard from them since Monday evening so maybe they are checking things through the VIN or maybe because my car is 7 years old and i didn't buy the system from them directly then they just don't care about my little problem. We shall see what happens today then i am taking the car to my nearest Audi dealer to see if they can help in this matter.

Don't think I've seen these screens before
IMG 2249

IMG 2250

Anyone know what should be in the mailbox number?

I get the same screens mate, I still have not found the Kufatec module to get the serial number off it, Kufatec are looking to see if it needs a software/firmware update................If only i could find the damn thing.

Would a diagnostic scan show the module and serial number???

Update........................ I found the elusive Kufatec module exactly where Kufatec said it might be, I have sent them pics of the module giving all relevant serial numbers etc so will see what their tech dept have to say regarding software update.

STILL waiting for info regarding software update for my BT module, I am now dealing with Richard at Richtersport who i assume are the UK agents for Kufatec Fiscon.

Another update.......................... Well the tech guy at Richtersport seems to be baffled by my BT connection issues, He is telling me that there are no new software updates for my BT module as it is already on the newest version for that model, He sent me a factory reset number to input via a paired phone, That did not work, I input the same number into the display screen and all i get back is " Connection failure or invalid MMI code" I was asked to try another make of phone which also did not work. I have asked if a like for like replacement module will solve this issue or if my unit can be repaired by them to resolve this problem, They seem a bit hesitant to actually commit to any of these suggestions.

Is there anyone on the forum that has had this issue and managed to get it fixed?
I know the BT module connects to the head unit in the vehicle to facilitate the speakers and steering wheel controls but as my Concert radio unit all works fine then i am fairly sure that is not the problem.

Ant ideas or solutions on this issue would be greatly appreciated Thanks

I've done 3 firmware updates so far and still no joy either. Noticed today that the volume display is also no longer visible when I alter.

The glovebox MMI connection also does not recognise my phone or iPod saying not compatible!

I'll have a look on the A5-OC forum as well

Well after a week of emails and head scratching, The boffins at Kufatec/Richtersport have decided that my BT module is scrap and i also assume non repairable, New like for like module ordered today and should be here fairly quick, I think it will be plug and play as it is a direct swap unit,

I will update once i have the unit fitted.

Right folks I can update this thread, Today i received a new Fiscon BT module from Richtersport, 3 screws out of the fascia under the steering wheel, Unplug the old unit and plug in the new one, Ignition on and do the pairing/set up and hey presto i now have a fully functioning handsfree with all call lists/phonebook etc, Just have to get the sporadic EGR fault sorted out now and i will be more than happy with the car.

Reactions: Swanny356
:respekt: Well done mate.

Mine must be the same I think.

Do you have a website address and would you mind sharing how much it cost please? - not the bill btw just the amount. LOL:whistle2:

Now seriously driving me mad.

Swanny356 You will need to find the BT module and get all the info off it, Mine is a Kufatec Fiscon basic-plus quadlock, You will need a like for like replacement or you may still have issues, You are looking for a 5 digit number ie, 36445.

https://www.kufatec.co.uk/shop/en/audi/a5/a5-8t?cat=138&next_page=8

Mine was around £260 as you will only need the module and none of the other parts like the mic and loom.
Any problems sourcing the unit then drop this guy an email,
richard@richtersport.co.uk

My unit was tucked in behind the heater/ac controls but it was easy enough to get at when i removed the fascia under the steering column (3 bolts )

Hope you get a solution mate

Reactions: Swanny356
Thanks matey.

I'll get it scanned and then drop him an email.

Phoning off SIRI is a real pain.