Triptronic

James Burslam

Reaction score
Hi all my names jim got a A4 b7 cab butproblem with triptronic car drives exactlythe same but on dash when it's showing inred what gear I am in sometimes it all goesred so don't know what gear I have it in, anyideas??

Hi James. Welcome to ASN.

Did you try running a scan on the car as it will tell you what/where the problem is. Where abouts are you based?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Difficult to say without scan but first guess would be a faulty TCM. And when you say Tiptronic, is your car a 3.0tdi / Quattro? If not, it will be a CVT multitronic. In any case I will get it scanned first.

Also, if you check the VCDS map on the forum I am sure you’ll find someone close to you who might be able to scan it for you.

Difficult to say without scan but first guess would be a faulty TCM. And when you say Tiptronic, is your car a 3.0tdi / Quattro? If not, it will be a CVT multitronic. In any case I will get it scanned first.

Also, if you check the VCDS map on the forum I am sure you’ll find someone close to you who might be able to scan it for you.

3.2 petrol was tiptronic also wasn’t it? Only 2.0 models were multitronic I thought.

3.2 petrol was tiptronic also wasn’t it? Only 2.0 models were multitronic I thought.

All Quattros are Tiptronics. All FWDs and CVTs.

Reactions: LawrenceH
All Quattros are Tiptronics. All FWDs and CVTs.

So they are! Don’t know why they couldn’t have made them all DSG and be done with it

Reactions: V6_Man