Trip Over to the Darkside

Oh dear

128858723286592858.jpg

****** hell..that bloke looks more and more like Michael Portillo !!! backs to wall chaps ! :)

Forget the 123d. Get out and try a 130i. The difference in purchase cost will more than offset the fuel economy difference, and the 130i (facelift) is pretty economical for what it is (I averaged 33.5mpg over 21k miles. and would easily see over 40mpg on a motorway run).

I've been fortunate enough to have a number of reasonably nice cars over the years and I can honestly say the 130i Msport was the best combination of fun, performance, running costs and practicality of anything I've had, and definately the car I regret selling the most. It's an excellent all rounder and very under rated (I know many people dismiss the 1 series because of the looks but in M-Sport guise with 18's I think they look fine)

The 1 series steering is better imo than any A3 variant (flame suit on) but it's the engine which defines the car. The throttle response is fantastic, the noise (even on start up) is wonderful, and the way the power builds through the rev range makes it very satisfying and rewarding to drive. Yes an S3 prob would be quicker from a-b (definately on a wet road) but I'd be very surprised if the 130i didn't leave you with a far bigger smile on your face :yes:

Be prepared to put a little more effort in than when driving your S3, but I think you might find it keeps you entertained for longer :undwech:

Well !! I have just put a deposit on a 08 123D M Sport in Titanium silver with leather,Msport alloys and lots of other goodies.Car has covered only 8k and is in mint condition, really nice car. Pick it up on 2nd May 2010.

My stunning, immaculate, totally original 1 owner S3 with 26k will be going up for sale in a week or two, need to transfer the reg plate. Anyone interested please Pm me.

Mark