1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TRIP Computer

Mazi Nov 7, 2013

1. Mazi

Mazi Member

My 2006 A4 1.8T S-Line has no trip computer-WTF!?!?
    Astonishing considering MK5 Golf TDIs have them.
    Is it possible to retrofit using a cluster with trip computer?

2. rizzini7

rizzini7 Active Member VCDS Map User

You should just need the wiper stalk with trip and someone to code it in. I've got a spare saloon stalk if interested

3. Mazi

Mazi Member

Are you sure its that simple?
    I was told I need the cluster and the stalk

4. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Do you actually have a dis fitted, just not trip data in the display, if no dis at all then yes its a cluster job, if has dis then needs stalk fitting & coding, we offer these services.

5. rizzini7

Sorry didn't realise you can get nondis free clusters. Just assumed they all had them but the dis wasn't turned on like mine when I got it

6. Mazi

Mazi Member

DIS??
    Sorry for being a noob but can someone explain what DIS is and perhaps some pics to compare DIS & non DIS clusters??

7. Mazi

Mazi Member

OK Driver information display. Not sure. I have a central display with lines seperating the different sections.
    I have miles until empty, outside air temp and something else but no button on stalk to scroll through other functions.
    Does this mean I need just the stalk?

8. rizzini7

Yeah, should just mean you need the correct stalk and then someone with vagcom to code it for you

9. NHN

Mazi if you do attempt yourself, be very careful as breaking any of the parts in the way can end up costing £200+ to replace & can render the car unusable, so be careful.

10. Mazi

Mazi Member

Can you PM me a price to fit and code the stalk

11. NHN

What's your general location?

12. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Moderator Staff Member Moderator TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Gold Supporter Team Tornado Audi S4 quattro Black Edition s tronic

I can can heartily endorse this sentiment. My inept attempts to feed a cable for my DRLs into the fuse box left me with a £350 bill and very lucky not to lose my ECU altogether. Unless you are really confident of knowing what you're doing, pay a professional to do a professional job.

NHN likes this.
  13. Mazi

Mazi Member

Edinburgh