1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trim question - rear bumper

Perplexer Feb 27, 2011

1. Perplexer

Perplexer Member

I am not sure what it is called, but the black plastic trim that attaches to the top of the rear bumper (S3) and is covered by the boot lid when its closed - there is an 8mm x 1mm strip of double sided adhesive/rubber which holds the trim to the bumper.

Does anyone know if this comes with the part or is it a separate purchase? What alternatives could I use in its place? I have found plenty of foam double sided tape but I am dubious as to their strength.

Cheers

2. 19scotty81

19scotty81 Push down and across !!!!!!!!!

This comes with the part, it's always been a pain in the arse to re-stick since they first came out, we always try to replace them but i've had mixed results using different types of double sided tape,glues and tried a set of number plate sticky pads which worked quite well. If you want it mint replacements the best option although i'm not sure how much they are !!

3. Perplexer

Perplexer Member

Cheers for the update! I have found some performance tape but just waiting on a response as to how thick it is.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2011
  4. steve bain

steve bain Member

3m tape. Amazing stuff

5. Perplexer

Perplexer Member

I will check their range - cheers