1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tried something new and a possible fail

ScottD3 May 16, 2011

1. ScottD3

ScottD3 I want your faulty electronics Supporter Team V6 quattro Audi A8 Team Akoya saloon TDi Audi S8

I had some money in my PayPal account and found some aero wipers from a A8 on ebay.
    Thought sod it, made him a offer, he accepted and the parts arrived.

First off, my original wipers from a B5 Facelift.
    [​IMG]

No real reason for the change, just fancied having a play (I miss working down a breakers yard) with something different.

First try was long on the drivers side and short on passenger side
    [​IMG]

This seemed ok but would foul on the bonnet near the drivers side on the way down.

2nd was the other way round.
    [​IMG]

This would foul on the drivers A piller on the way up, there was also a little bit of bonnet fouling as well on the up wipe. The wiper was fouling on the A piller on the passenger.
    If i shrink the passengers wiper down a inch I would then be able to lower both wipers all the way down and correct the fouling on the bonnet.

I'm not 100% sure on the look thought.
    They are possible to bulky for the B5.

Thoughts, ideas and does any want to buy a set of A8 aero wipers if I don't want them? :D

2. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Member

3. ScottD3

ScottD3 I want your faulty electronics Supporter Team V6 quattro Audi A8 Team Akoya saloon TDi Audi S8

4. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Member

Ta very muchly for the heads up Axios and for saving me from a dumkopf fail if I had gone and bought the item!

5. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User quattro Audi A4

The spindle dia is too big, bushes can be made to make them fit....

Ask me how i know... LOL
    They are fine but are a bit bulky looking on there, but the bushes work fine and still worked after shifting about 8 tons of snow in the winter.

6. ScottD3

Thats the B6 wiper arms?

Bahh, swap the hole mech over. lol

7. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User quattro Audi A4

I don't think the b6 mech will fit in there, the bushes cost next to nothing and are fine thus far.

Will snap a picture in the daylight

8. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

I wondered if that would work!

9. Oranoco

Oranoco Well-Known Member

I bottled the use of anything too out the ordinary and opted for facelift arms and will fit Sparco aero blades once I get paid

Last edited: May 17, 2011
  10. ScottD3

I thought it was worth ago.
    I can get them to fit but not sure if its going to be worth the hassle of sanding them down to make them fit and ordering new wiper blades.

I like the slenderness of the Facelift arms, think they look and fit better.

11. Broken Byzan

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I like how the blades attach and hide under the cap, but not sure on the bulkieness(sp) of the spindle bit.

I may hack them down and get them welded a bit narrower, or hybrid the two sets, not sure yet

12. ScottD3

I know what you mean.

What is the width of this point highlighted in the below image?
    [​IMG]

13. Broken Byzan

inside, its 22.7mm. Too big to hybrid facelfit arms with them, I looked already
    :undwech:

14. ScottD3

Rubbish. lol
    I looked at doing it to the the A8 arms I got.
    I did contemplate hacking the ends off and welding them together where they meet.
    But thought that's to extreme.

I wonder what BMW ones are like.
    I'm off to phone a friend.