1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tree Sap!!!

Discussion in 'Detailing - Sponsored by Slim's Detailing' started by Nilz, Jun 9, 2013.

1. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :)

[Jun 9, 2013]
    Ok, so its that time of year again where the trees outside my house are shooting their load on our cars!!!

It is very annoying, as we went away for a week and the cars were parked outside while we were away, when we got back the car was like a massive sticky fly catcher!!

Even opening the doors on the car made my hands sticky.

I have since washed both cars with AutoGlym shampoo, but the cars still feel like sandpaper!!

Both cars were washed this morning and I have just been out to get something from the car and its sticky-icky again!!!

Any tips please, I know we cant do anything about the sap, but anything that can be done to stop it sticking to the car so much and also for removing it?

Thanks
    Nilz
  2. BigWillyStyle

BigWillyStyle Member

[Jun 10, 2013]
    Same happens to me! Very tempted to buy a car cover but then that will just get minging also! Just hot water and shampoo works fine for me but i dont think much can stop it from being so sticky!
  3. Brodster

Brodster Shark Performance in Scotland Regional Rep VCDS Map User

[Jun 10, 2013]
    The only preventative measure is a car cover. I have the same problem mate but I also have the migrating House Martins returning from Africa crapping all over my shiny white S3......not impressed. Snow Foam or a pre wash soak like citrus cleanse I have found works wonders. I have a couple of bottles of citrus cleanse left before my Wax Tec stock is now finished........£5 for each bottle and I have found that its easier to use and less messy than snow foam.
  4. wangdoodle

wangdoodle Member

[Jun 10, 2013]
    You'll need to use a clay bar to get rid of the sap properly.long term though I'd be looking at parking elsewhere or hiring a chain saw!!!
    SJW likes this.
  5. Stol1975

Stol1975 Member

[Jun 10, 2013]
    I'll second the clay bar. Used one for the first time at the weekend and the panels came up like black glass. I'm really lucky that I have no trees around where I park.
  6. Jameze

Jameze James

[Jun 11, 2013]
    I feel your pain! My two current hates: Tree sap and bird ****.

I almost bought a car cover but stopped myself at the last minute - I can only imagine the state the paintwork would be in after dragging a car cover over dirty car every morning and night.

Instead, I spent 3 hours yesterday putting up a shelter over the drive (5m x 4m tarpaulin) to park my car under. It works a treat :)