1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TRD Supercharged A3 3.2 V6 Quattro 420bhp+

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by warren_S5, Oct 23, 2011.

1. warren_S5

warren_S5 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

After a poor start to the day with the MotoGP disaster I'm pleased to say my day improved significantly this afternoon when two mates turned up with their 400bhp hyper hatches.

Thought I'd share a few photos as it would be rude not to share the mechanic genius that Turner Racing Developments have shoe-horned under the bonnet of this Suzuka Pearl 3.2 V6.

Anyone notice anything interesting about the grille?!?!?!

[​IMG]

Bit of cheeky badging can't do any harm as this baby is pushing well over 420bhp (I can vouch from the passenger seat!). A great conversion, and a lovely car which will put the wind up the sails of a few RS3 owners in the near future.

Can't comment highly enough on the quality of the workmanship by TRD, everything has been done to an astonishingly high standard, nothing looked half baked or 'home made'. A stunning and highly effective conversion.

[​IMG]

The other car in question wasn't VAG, but still had about 140 horses more than my slightly lame duck standard S3 :-(

Both cars felt comparatively quick. ****us was running map, intercooler, intake, decat and a few other bits and bobs (near enough 400bhp). As it doesn't have drivetrain losses it was absolutely bonkers fast, but hard to judge if it was 'quicker' than the V6 as the power delivery is so different.

[​IMG]

Went to sort out the final paperwork for the new S3 today (due on Friday I'm reliably informed), and whilst I was in there I saw this Merlin Purple S3 (£1795 paint job). Interesting colour, but not sure I'd choose it myself.

[​IMG]

A better end to a sh*tter of a day, just a shame it's Monday tomorrow :whip:

akash_sky1 likes this.
  2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. FranA3

FranA3 events moderator
    Regional Rep Gold Supporter Audi A3 Team Brill Red

wow i bet that 3.2 is a monster mate not sure about the RS3 badges tho but its defo got the go to go with the noise lol

4. Ash B

Ash B Well-Known Member

:applaus: Great write up once again Warren. Always enjoy reading your threads. Love the car but the badges i cant stand.
    Great colour and engine and with a supercharger:wub: Any videos of the noise it makes? did he say how much the kit set him back from TRD?

No vids, but they're both popping round to see the new car when it arrives next weekend so I'll get some video footage then.

They both sound absolutely phenomenal. 5 cylinder decat in one, supercharged V6 in the other. It was like a mechanical symphony leaving the close!!!

They're both great blokes too, so well deserved.

#3 Ash B, Oct 23, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  5. JtotheD

JtotheD Active Member

i think that would have made anyone's day better fella to see those!

6. brough74

brough74 Member

Hmm supercharged V6 i like a lot, the same as a golf R32 supercharged. Not keen on the RS though a bit "chav" for my liking unlike the purply blue S3 which would be nice in the sun

7. N8

N8 Kowalski Details
    VCDS Map User

Nice writeup Warren.

8. tdi-man

tdi-man Well-Known Member

TRD know there stuff they mapped mine going back soon once clutch is fitted for a re-map

9. MTW

MTW Member

want! is that a originally a 3.2 then? with s3 bodykit and rs3 grill? i bet it goes like the clappers!

10. J.R.

J.R. "Started From The Bottom"
    VCDS Map User

I think it deserves the RS3 badge :thumbsup: as it is pushing more bhp then actual RS3 ......I would call it a RSS3 thou .... Because it's more powerful ...lol

11. warren_S5

warren_S5 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

Both go like stink.

To be fair the grille is a bona fide RS3 grille so the badge came on it. Over £500 from Audi.

TRD conversion for 420bhp is .... Are you sitting comfortably..... £9k inc. VAT.

That sai, factor in the price he paid for the V6 Quattro (second hand), the Suzuka spray job / S3 facelift body panels (it's a low mileage 2005 car with 26k on the clock) and the mods and it's still only in the mid 20's of thousands. Beat that with a standard S3 at 50% price premium, or RS3 at 100% premium! Hell of a car for very reasonable dollar.

akash_sky1 likes this.
  12. akash_sky1

akash_sky1 Active Member

Thats actually a great value conversion compared to a buying an S3 and going stage 3.

13. N8

N8 Kowalski Details
    VCDS Map User

Fair play to them, looks killer from the outside, wonder what the dash looks like :ninja:

14. Paullie

Paullie Banana Menace!
    VCDS Map User

Fab write up as always. Warren! As the guys have already said and I totally concur, ..just LOVE reading your threads! As for the cars, ..WOWSER!! :wub: xx

15. marknjayne

marknjayne Member

very nice,im considering either a turbo or supercharger for mine,i think 400 bhp will be a decent figure to aim for,£9k is actually not too bad if thats fitted