Transponder Key ??

allyli

Reaction score
I have a 1997 A4 1.9tdi 90bhp. I got it a few weeks ago it came with the 2 master keys the plastic key and the tag with a number on it but no bar code. Should it have a transponder/remote ? If I get one can I code it to work with my car or does the dealer have to do it. I have seen the ones with the filp out key for not to much money and would love to have one. Many thanks for any information regarding this.

My '97 TDI didn't come with a transponder remote either - I don't believe they were available that year.
I fitted aftermarket remote central locking from In-Pro which is operated either from a gizmo you fit your key blade into or a push-button thingy you hang from your key ring.

I have a 96 A4 and I have a transponder key...

if you open it up and there is a small glass bead in there.... well thats it.

it links to the ring on the ignition barrell which will have a small black 2 pin connection on it.

you can get a new barrell and key combo for about £90 or order a new key via audi and get it coded.

Andy

[ QUOTE ]
I have a 96 A4 and I have a transponder key...

if you open it up and there is a small glass bead in there.... well thats it.

it links to the ring on the ignition barrell which will have a small black 2 pin connection on it.

you can get a new barrell and key combo for about £90 or order a new key via audi and get it coded.

[/ QUOTE ]
Are we talking about the same thing? Central locking/alarm controlled remotely from the flip-key is what I'm thinking of.

Sorry for confusion I was talking about the remote control for the locks.
Have just been to dealer remote was not available that year. However my old boss had an P reg A3 that had the remote in the key so I'm not so sure.

Does anyone know where the reciver for the remote is and what it look like ?