1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transmission quirks

Cuso Sep 23, 2011

1. Cuso

Cuso New Member

I am new to the forum and have a question about my transmission. I have a 2011 A4 with about 10k miles, with the tiptronic auto. At slow speeds the tranny will occasionally up shift or down shift rather harshly. I have brought it into the dealer twice. The first time they performed a software update and said it was fine. It wasn't. The second time, they ran a diagnostic, had the service manager drive the car and said that everything was spot right on spec. It isn't. It is similar to bringing a 5 speed to a stop and depressing the clutch a bit late. Kind of a bucking sensation. Has anyone experienced this? Any suggestions?

Thanks.

2. Timbo59

Timbo59 New Member

Yes, had it with my last A4, a 2.0 TDI Avant. It seemed like the gearbox was dragging. It never seemed to cause a problem but was annoying. My current one does not have this feature.

3. Cuso

Cuso New Member

Thanks. It is annoying for sure. It occured at a stop light today and had a feeling like hitting a speed bump too quickly.