transfering number plate registration to motor cars question.

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
One for those in the know, can a reg be transferred to a car from any other road registered equipment.
I was thinking about using an old plate I have but after a look on the web it seems a little bit unclear what can be used.

Rob5

Phone the DVLA Rob, Iv'e always found them quit helpful, Don't call in the mornings though you can never get through.

I think that is a good suggestion chap, I had a good old search on the web earlier but there does not appear to be clear answer .

thanks
rob

gave up today, spent so long trying to get through to the right dept that I had to hang up.......wont get time tomorrow as i'm away on business , so will have to wait until wed I think.
must be cyber Monday and everyone calling them.....

Email them, they are actually quite good at responding, I have contacted them a few times via email and they have always responded.

Maybe worth a try.

Reactions: Ghost
One for those in the know, can a reg be transferred to a car from any other road registered equipment.
I was thinking about using an old plate I have but after a look on the web it seems a little bit unclear what can be used.

View attachment 142631

If the vehicle to which the number is attached Rob is taxed with a current MOT then yes, in my own experience, no problem. Unfortunately I can't find a record of TWX 327 on DVLA's website ( see https://vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/ConfirmVehicle) and so I doubt very much that you'll be able to gain a transfer UNLESS you can get it MOT'd and taxed.

Reactions: Ghost