Traffic light Grand Prix.....

Cappuccino

Reaction score
I've just picked up my new (second hand but new to me) 225 TT Coupe and was wondering what sort of competition I should expect.

Don't get me wrong I'm not in favour of street racing but can't resist a blast when another willing car pulls up next to me (all good natured fun of course!).

Anyway what other cars have you guys taken on successfully? I had a Z3 the other day without too much trouble /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I also had a run from a stop against a Honda S2000..... had a lead on him to start with but he soon flew past me...... boy those things can shift!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif I had no idea that they were that quick!..... anyone else had any encounters?

Likewise how would something like a Boxster, Boxster S, Scooby, M3 fair?

You could always have a go at one those S3s /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Beemers are usually the best fun as the drivers usually get well pi**ed off. Bad losers.

Gren

[ QUOTE ]
. I'd not heard that adding Millers would make any difference?..... is it noticable?

[/ QUOTE ]
There a Group Buy of this stuff in the Marketplace at the moment.

You can notice that the car has a little more urgency about it. IIRC it boosts Octane level from 98ish (with Optimax) to 100+.

Anyone that wants to race an S3 can race me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

Ok you have a pretty car, but u guys are in a dreamworld, wake up!!

U can beat a BMW 330ci of the lights, can u?....lmfao.

Check the stats.

Ive had a 225 roadster, I now have a 330ci, the Beemer will kill it. Handling wise it wipes the floor with it.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif
Sorry to bring u bad news, but it is true.

Go get a real car, u hairdresser.
xxx
Give us a kiss. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

[ QUOTE ]
titan330ci said:
U SAD LITTLE MAN, who the heck r u if u think u can beat a BMW 330ci of the lights.....lmfao.

Check the stats.

Ive had both a 335 roadster and now have a 330ci, the Beemer will kill it. Handling wise it wipes the floor with it.

Sorry to bring u bad news nut it is true.

Go get a real car, u hairdresser. xxx Give us a kiss.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well arent u F****** friendly!!! Can do without posts like that!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

Rich

LOL don't you love it when the adults let the kids play on the PC! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Just stating the obvious!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/****.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Alex Stanley said:
[ QUOTE ]
titan330ci said:
Two words.....

BURNT /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif + CLUTCH /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well you'll just have to learn to drive a proper car then /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean one with only 4 cylinders!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

me thinks Titan330 is a muppet.

get yourself to Santa Pod and prove how fast or not you and your 330 are.

Most auto publications give the 330 and the TT 225 similar 0-60's. I think it is more dependent on driver and not necessarily the car, unless its raining of course and you would get whooped!

[ QUOTE ]
titan330ci said:
Ok you have a pretty car, but u guys are in a dreamworld, wake up!!

U can beat a BMW 330ci of the lights, can u?....lmfao.

Check the stats.

Ive had a 225 roadster, I now have a 330ci, the Beemer will kill it. Handling wise it wipes the floor with it.

Go get a real car, u hairdresser.
xxx
Give us a kiss. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, have you looked at the stats?? I think you'll find it's 6.5 seconds for both!! Hell I could take a 330 in My A3T probably! It's all well giving it the mouth my boy, but as Moff said the proof is on the track!

As for it being a hairdressers car, how come you had one? TT was pre sex op? The sex operation included some hormonal drugs to go with it and that's why you're all touchy??!!

There's no doubt about it it would be close between a standard TT/S3 against the 330, but a chipped TT/S3 one would certainly make the BMW wish he hadn't bothered! In the wet it's no comparison on handling or acceleration.

Titan it seems that you either suffer from a bad dose of immaturity or you were ****** at your boyfriend at the time of coming on here. It was probably your thought at the time that the TT was the best thing from sliced bread, and probably do the same with every car you can buy. Be constructive in future if you wish to give another drivers point of view on the subject.

Oh and before you start on me I currently own both a BMW and an Audi, so I know the pro's and con's of both brands, but also various models and I also know the opinions of my various friends who have swapped...the latest from a 330 to the S3!

[ QUOTE ]
Gambba said:
Sorry, have you looked at the stats?? I think you'll find it's 6.5 seconds for both!! Hell I could take a 330 in My A3T probably! It's all well giving it the mouth my boy, but as Moff said the proof is on the track!

[/ QUOTE ]

The proof isn't at Santa Pod though. Oooo let's 'race' in a straight line and see who's best.... LOL. How about let's race on a track day or better yet see who can handle some back roads the quickest. Straight line racing proves nothing except for how strong your clutch is and how quickly you can change gear - hardly a measure of man or machine.

[ QUOTE ]
Gambba said:
There's no doubt about it it would be close between a standard TT/S3 against the 330, but a chipped TT/S3 one would certainly make the BMW wish he hadn't bothered! In the wet it's no comparison on handling or acceleration.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, and that started so well... Against a chipped TT/S3?? Like DUH!! Against a chipped 330, a TT/S3 would wish he hadn't bothered too. Unfortunate that you had to concede that you'd need a tuning mod to be sure of having the faster car though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Gambba said:
Titan it seems that you either suffer from a bad dose of immaturity or you were ****** at your boyfriend at the time of coming on here. It was probably your thought at the time that the TT was the best thing from sliced bread, and probably do the same with every car you can buy. Be constructive in future if you wish to give another drivers point of view on the subject.

[/ QUOTE ]
Should he be as constructive as you were in this post? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Gambba said:
Oh and before you start on me I currently own both a BMW and an Audi, so I know the pro's and con's of both brands, but also various models and I also know the opinions of my various friends who have swapped...the latest from a 330 to the S3!

[/ QUOTE ]
Ahh ok. So you own both and you know all about all the models from both and also all the opinions of your friends who have probably also owned both and know as much. I bow down before you, oh wise oracle. You must be right, please accept my apologies if in any way I've laughed my backside off at your vain attempt to convince anyone that a TT owns a 330. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Edit: Doh, meant to say that your S2k looks sweet Moff. Just such a shame that they don't do black leather for them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Now Titan, I think you must be the same 330ci driver whose boufante hairdo I ruffled the other week when I left you for roadkill near the Belfry? I hope you're not taking out your split ends on the rest of us here because I showed you my rear and you couldn't reach it? There's no shame in driving a wannabe M3 - honest - but you want to think about a new stylist now and certainly change the butch handle as Titan is a LITTLE inappropriate.

Only Santa Pod will decide. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue_out.gif

Raced a 530i SE ('02) BMW from lights a little slower than 330i.
Green and we both floored it. 1st and 2nd were pretty even (saw his bonnet dip as he changed gear) and I just pulled away a little in 2nd but once in third gear I left him for dead, by 4th he was in the rear view mirror /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

Must have been turbo spinning up to speed that left us evenish in lower gears + traction cutting in

He should have bought an Audi! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Audi A3 1.8T Revo

[ QUOTE ]
Golf Bygone said:
but you want to think about a new stylist now and certainly change the butch handle as Titan is a LITTLE inappropriate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or maybe you already have changed the name. To Captain Chaos? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/love_4.gif

No, I'm not Titan, although I wouldn't say no to a few hours behind the wheel of his 330 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Interesting kissy-kissy smilie you got there - that special to you Audi boys then? Not seen any Beemer boards that had a use for smilies like that... Or is it just for those of you special enough to quote your own posts whilst trying to bump up your count? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

[ QUOTE ]
CapnChaos said:
The proof isn't at Santa Pod though. Oooo let's 'race' in a straight line and see who's best.... LOL. How about let's race on a track day or better yet see who can handle some back roads the quickest. Straight line racing proves nothing except for how strong your clutch is and how quickly you can change gear - hardly a measure of man or machine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quite right there, no quibbles, I was meaning on the 0-60 factor there are so many variables to it that a quoted time quite can't be reached by the driver. A trackday is the way to prove both car and driver, but it is a combination of both! And this wasn't about handling etc. but about from the traffic lights.

[ QUOTE ]
CapnChaos said:
Damn, and that started so well... Against a chipped TT/S3?? Like DUH!! Against a chipped 330, a TT/S3 would wish he hadn't bothered too. Unfortunate that you had to concede that you'd need a tuning mod to be sure of having the faster car though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

well that is the truth of it, so I'm not conceeding anything, and regarding chipping, how much do you actually gain on a 330....not much!

[ QUOTE ]
CapnChaos said:
Should he be as constructive as you were in this post? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Point taken. But that was the exception rather than the rule!

[ QUOTE ]
CapnChaos said:
Ahh ok. So you own both and you know all about all the models from both and also all the opinions of your friends who have probably also owned both and know as much. I bow down before you, oh wise oracle. You must be right, please accept my apologies if in any way I've laughed my backside off at your vain attempt to convince anyone that a TT owns a 330. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

See that's where interpretation comes in, I was just saying I know what both brands/cars are like, and more importantly nowhere did I say a TT owns a 330!! I love it when people deliberatly twist your words!

And just for the records I prefer the 330Ci to the TT and S3, just to conflict with the things I said. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nah Dude, [ QUOTE ]
Or is it just for those of you special enough to quote your own posts whilst trying to bump up your count?

[/ QUOTE ] That's MY job /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Damn you've got me sussed, almost. Although it's slightly more interesting than that. When you reach 400 posts you get to go in a member's car of your choice and Captain, if you're still around, I'd like to go with you because I can't resist members in uniforms.

So keep posting here and perhaps one day you'll get to go in my S3 and feel a real man. That's surely better than being with a hairdresser like Titan? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/love_4.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/love_4.gif

Golfywolfy, I don't wear uniforms, much as I'd like you to drive me around in your push-chair /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Although it worries me that you want me to sit in your S3 and 'feel a real man' - you coming on to me? Maybe Titan had a point... Can you do my hair, you seem to know all about hairstyles? Such a shame you're fitting in to the stereotype that Titan first mentioned... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Gam, respect to ya. As far as the chipping goes, it's for sure that a new brain in a turbo engine will always produce way more power than one in a normally aspirated engine. I was just saying that, yeah, any mods will have an effect on the balance of the face-off from whichever side you look at it, but if you're going to compare then ya gotta keep the playing field level. A modded TT against a modded 330 would probably produce a totally different result, but then you've also got the added factor of what mod and what level of tuning it involves. Gets complicated /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif And I wasn't twisting your words /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif, that's just how what you'd put came across - power to ya for being impartial in your opinions, I can respect that.

Drill, looks like your job's safe man. Either that or GB couldn't find the 'quote' button that time around... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
CapnChaos said:

[/ QUOTE ]

No straightline racing doesnt prove much! But get a chipped TT/S3 on the track against the 330 and u'd wish u hadnt bothered!! 4wd will wipe the floor against RWD, and especially if the track is even remotely damp u wont have a chance.

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
titan330ci said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Er... *knock* *knock* anybody home?

Where in that statement, the one that everyone is arguing, does it mention chipping? I've read it a few times now but I can't see it...

Maybe if we look at it this way: But get a blueprinted 330Ci with an M3 block and susp plus a set of slicks and some carbon brakes on the track against the TT/S3 and u'd wish u hadnt bothered!! Still think you sound clever?

Stock 330 against stock TT/S3 - 330 wins every time with similarly capable drivers. On a wet track it would swing round towards the Audi because of the 4WD but it still wouldn't make it the walkover that you seem to be raving about. And any track-experienced driver would know that in some situations you're better off with RWD rather than a permanently engaged 4WD, so you may wish to re-visit that little 4WD-is-everything notion. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
CapnChaos said:
Doh, meant to say that your S2k looks sweet Moff. Just such a shame that they don't do black leather for them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Err.. they do! I used to drive a Silverstone/Black S2000 - and have photo evidence to prove it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Alex.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

M3 wannabes - and we don't even have to race'em. So, save the Millers boys and let them point thier 'bent out of shape noses' in the direction of EVO mag.

The Bedford Aero Dome testing track has the S3 just 6 seconds behind a current M3. But please note that S3 time was posted in the wet! 330 ci? not even tested - too slow and probably too many fat BMW *** cushions in there for the test driver's liking, no doubt. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

So your standard S3 (or TT which shares the same platform as the S3) should happly eat 330cis for breakie all day long, without even a hint of smoke from the cluth /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

@ LEES3

HA HA, you been drinking? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

My friend you are indeed truly de-luded! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Keep taking your medication, and remember, there is no 1 under your bed at night, honest.

You have lost the plot. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

Too many morons on this site, unwilling to listen to the voice of reason.

We were intially talking about un-molestered, as in standard cars, not homoglobin steroid injected cluth killing modded motors!

C'mon ppl we all know the story.......Audi gets close, but the BMW wins it hands down , again. This is the story of your lives and u know it, now come to terms with it! Go see your local BMW dealer, sure he'll give u a good trade in price. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/****.gif

Anyway goodluck with the quote for the new clutch.

Sniff, sniff.

........./
......./
...../
.../
../
./
/

All gone, do you feel better!?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

I think you have to buy the mag Captain, and the test track times are in the Knowledge section.

As I said S3 6 secs slower than M3, but in the wet.

I am not suggesting the S3 would beat the M3, just that the 330ci would lag the M3 by at least 5 seconds in the dry.

So go figure, dry 330ci at least 5 seconds behind its bigger brother? Stock S3 6 seconds in the wet ??? ie. Dry S3 vs 330ci close but IMO S3 wins (straight line or track) (and have proven it a few times myself), wet no contest.

Titan, a voice of reason is one thing, but that's not what you have!

I am all for having a discussion about the pro's and con's of cars but if you're not going to add something constructive or factual don't bother. Too many morons? I haven't seen you post anything worth regarding, anymore than I would from a Saxo Kev!

If we go on paper then the 330 and S3/TT would be bang on the same so I don't know how either side can say they'll easily take the other!!! When all is said and done I know it would be a very close run thing, both in performance and handling in the dry. In the wet this is a one horse race folks, you just cannot beat any of the faster 4WD cars with either a FWD and definately not with a RWD car. The 4WD system on the TT/S3 is not permantly engaged at a constant rate and shifts the power according to conditions, so not as much power as you may think is lost through the 4WD system.

All I will say is it will be close and restricted only by the driver.

For me I'll take the 330 for the dry days and the S3 for the wet and especially snowed under days....how I miss **** end out action in the BMW at the moment. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif much more fun than either FWD or 4WD cars....IMO.

If you're going to keep harping on about blowing things away, then look at Saxo's, Pugs and CRX's, we can all blow these away on a daily basis without sweat....but when comparing two cars that are so close nobody is going to blow away anybody!

May pick up a copy of the mag actually, hadn't really given it a second look til you mentioned it but looks like they do some fairly readable stuff in there.

Gam's on the money though, the 330 has enough. 330 has the pull of an M, just not quite got the cornering capabilities, and you'd be surprised how close to an M the times are around the track compared to some other top-range cars and their lower sports variants. It's certainly got enough to take an S3/TT more often than not. In the wet, the RWD doesn't help things thanks to the slightly enthusiastic TCS. But, hey, you can always switch that off and enjoy the ride baby!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
CapnChaos said:
But, hey, you can always switch that off (TCS) and enjoy the ride baby!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't have it any other way!! Not that I have that on my BM anyway!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

You make me laugh CapnGayous, defending the **** off a car you don't even drive anymore. All those solitary motorway miles sat dreaming in your comfy 323 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif while the big boys in their S3s passed you by in the outside lane, have resulted in some deranged fanciful thinking. You'll be thinking of an M3 body kit next... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

This thread has been hilarious to read.

It's also, just about, remained "friendly" to the BMW owning "care in the community" chaps - as they are clearly complete lunes. All this, despite the fact that the intial comments of Titan330, which were clearly designed to provoke.

AL

Guys I was merely stating the views of my opinion, which to be fair appear to be justified, bearing in mind we were intially discussing stock cars.....not molestered variants!!

Having owned both I feel the BMW is the better drivers car, aswell as being the faster of the two aforementioned cars around a track.

Here you go chaps have a look at this thread....

http://forum.bmwcarmagazine.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14307

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Quote: Guys I was merely stating the views of my opinion

The views from the Alps is my preference, and if I had a choice now, on the route Nalopeon heading to the south of France down through Sisteron, Grasse then finally Nice and the Estorel, open road and bends whitelining into infinity.

A little further than a traffic light Grand Prix and the duelling which is what this thread is all about.

Boys and cars and mummy's bras

Would I have called everyone here a moron? Clearly the claim is illogical since no-one meets everyone on a site. It fact it is oxymoronic! Interesting he made a pointed reference to "this site" suggesting his experience in other sites is better. What sites does he mean? Where does all this go? Another "your's is better than mine" merrygoround.

By the way you're the first person I've met who shops in French Connection.

This is the way the world ends

It's late, I'm tired and this might a bit OTT, but I'll field any complaints tomorrow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

---

I've had short run-ins with three 330s.

Oh, I could gain on all three, admittedly only slightly and I think it was because I got the drop on them. Overall, very similar, so I don't see how anyone can own anyone over this (tuned aside). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

My most recent one was quite funny watching the 330 driver trying to stay in front of the Carrera 4 I was tailing. As if. I just sat back and watched the (brief) fun. The only two cars I saw trying to hold up the Porker and they were both beemers. It's just a fact I saw, not trying to infer anything you understand /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif FYI, I didn't even bother with the porker, moved in politely and sat behind. The result would have been embarassing, bit like what happened to the 330. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm not anti BMW. They have brilliant steering and the engines sound great IMHO. Apparently though, I hear they need two extra cylinders to get the same performance? Is that true?

It would appear the 3 series kids are good at posting but won't bring it onto the track. Therefore I was correct in my first assumption that he's just a silly little troll.

I think if I was him I'd be embarassed by backing out of a head to head with a "gay hairdresser" in a tarted up Skoda"

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/kiss.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

Yes but where have all the Beemer Boys gone? Titan and CapnGayous we miss you. You started something very beautiful which you failed to finish. Have you gone back to the refuge of your BMW site and never to be heard again?

Come back - all is forgiven! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif