Trade in for an A4 cabriolet?

TaylorK

Reaction score
Is this a good idea or not? Can only afford to go for a preface lift model really, would my 8p alloys fit the a4?

All depends what kind of A3 you have???Just checked 2.0TDI 140. I certainly wouldn't as I hate A3/A4 cabs. Horrible in the flesh and to be honest how many do you ever see..................exactly. Why go for a cab??? Why not induldge yourself and go down S/RS route.

Karl's cabriolet is lovely :wub:

c28efd88.jpg

Cabrios certainly polarise opinion - I like mine, but may not buy another when I come to replace it. Not everyone wants the performance of an S or RS model even though they may cost the same as a cabriolet. Buying mine new, I could have bought a bigger engined S-Line Sportback for the price of mine, but wanted the cabrio, and don't regret it - but you do pay a premium for a folding roof. Only you can really decide whether an A4 cab is for you.

Love my A3 cab as well - wouldn't want one of those other non-descript 'common' A3 hatchbacks anyway (they all look alike) !! But yes it is a compromise ... no matter how you look at it.

All A3 cabriolets look a like to. Hate the soft top roof. If it was hard top like the old VW Eos I'd buy one.

All A3 cabriolets look a like to. Hate the soft top roof. If it was hard top like the old VW Eos I'd buy one.

Agree with you on the hard top (but that eats up the already compromised boot space) ... actually I'd prefer a tin top coupe.

I would also have preferred a folding hard-top, but the boot space with the roof down was laughable - when looking at the Eos I was told I could put my golf clubs on the back seat if I wanted the roof down! (whereas I can get 2 golf carry bags in mine and the roof doesn't alter the boot space when up or down.)

If you want a Cabriolet then it has to be a 3 series just for the folding hard top....