1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Traction off permanently and power gain??

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by poloys3, Aug 16, 2013.

1. poloys3

poloys3 New Member

[Aug 16, 2013]
    Driving home, I usually turn my ESP off, but this time it was off, even if I press the ESP button it would not turn on, suddenly boost went in early, power was amazing ! Night and day difference than my previous drive with the ESP off, should I be worried?

Also the aircon fan changes automatically, when I press 19 C, the fan adjusts automatically even if Auto setting is not lighted.

Car is Audi s3 8l BAM engine.
  2. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition Staff Member Moderator

[Aug 16, 2013]
    As in the ESP ligt was on all the time and you couldn't turn it on? this is normally a sign that the MAF is faulty... a scan for fault codes should be next on the list...

The aircon thing sounds normal to me... as you adjust the temp the fan will normally speed up or slow down based on cabin temp, sunlight sensor and ambient temp... all auto does is maiantain the selected temp in the cabin by varying the fan speed and hot air (from heater matrix)/conditioned air ratio to 'climate control' the cabin temps

<tuffty/>
  3. poloys3

poloys3 New Member

[Aug 16, 2013]
    Will scan tomorrow tuffty thanks for the reply, I will post the results.

A bit of a problem with the aircon, just replaced my compressor with a new unit, very cold when fan is 60% but losing the coldness and smelling weird when fan adjusts to 1 bar or 2..