1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Traction control light

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by rowdyboy, Aug 8, 2011.

1. rowdyboy

rowdyboy Member

[Aug 8, 2011]
    I've just fitted cruise and DIS, i havent had time to get it coded yet though. The traction control light is permanently on now, is this normal? Will it disappear when the cruise and DIS are coded? It went off for about 8 seconds when i took it out for a spin but as soon as i braked, it came back on.
    Cheers
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 21, 2014]

3. benr

benr Member

[Aug 8, 2011]
    Yeah i wouldnt worry .. Im sure mine was on too until i coded and recalibrated (basic setting) on the steering wheel.

AFAIK the ESP relies on the steering wheel angle sensor which gets skewed when the wheel comes off. therefore its giving an incorrect signal so it disables ESP.
  4. rowdyboy

rowdyboy Member

[Aug 9, 2011]
    Just to update, after the car stood for an hour the light went off next time i drove it. Result.

Just ordered the the washer bottle sensor from Derby stealer, for the DIS - £7.88. The parts bloke first reaction was "you can't buy them, its part of the bottle", he changed his mind when i gave him the part number!!! Trained monkeys!!
  5. rizzini7

rizzini7 Active Member

[Aug 10, 2011]
    You got the washer sensor and stalk part numbers mate??