1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Traction Control Fault Light coming on...

Jodi May 8, 2005

1. Jodi

Jodi Starsky

Now and again I notice that my traction control warning light on my dash is coming on without me disabling ESP. It usualy happens when I am on a particularly bumpy road or if I hit a nasty pot hole.

If I switch the ignition off and back on again everything is fine. Is this an indication of a faulty sensor somewhere or the start of a more serious problem? Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

My S3 is a 2000 model if that helps.

Thanks.

2. Guest

light will come on if wheels spin, this shows the TC is working but more probably a faulty sensor if its when on bumpy roads, sensor could be loose.

3. Jodi

Jodi Starsky

Where does the sensor live?

4. imported_flava

imported_flava Guest

The senosrs live in the Haldex traction control system . I had to change mine because the conputer was deemed to be faulty. If yuo have a VAG code reader run a quick testr to see if the ECU controller unit is showing a fault .

Locatio is reatr differential under the housing and its a silver unit with Haldex written on it . Best to get it tetsed befroe removing anything

good luck

5. Drill

Drill Member

Could be any of the sensors. For instance, this just occured in my TQ and it turned out to be a faulty steering wheel position sensor /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif