1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tracking

Discussion in 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C5 Chassis)' started by coach, Oct 13, 2012.

1. coach

coach Member

[Oct 13, 2012]
    Can anyone desifer a tracking result, is this a long way out?

A6 Tracking.jpg

Thanks
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 27, 2014]

3. SL11CKK

SL11CKK Active Member

[Oct 14, 2012]
    Don't seem long way out as its still inside the box, but should still be done.

How's it driving, is your steering pulling?

Mine was not in the box. Had a big "X" next to the box which meant it required tracking urgently, but thats because I got all the suspension components changed.
  4. HerefordQuattro

HerefordQuattro Member

[Oct 14, 2012]
    yours is a c6 and this is the c5 section. why didn't you get it adjusted at the sme time you had it measured
  5. coach

coach Member

[Oct 14, 2012]
    You're correct, sorry my mistake. It's in the wrong section but for this item I don't think it matters that much. I had to have a tyre replaced as it was scrubbed off on the outside edge so I had the tracking adjusted somewhere else. They adjusted it but could not keep the steering wheel straight. They tried 3 times to correct it but failed so gave me my money back. They referred me to this place who put it right. I just wondered after the other place said they had adjusted it that this place recorded it as out of adjustment. I was just wondering if it was a long way out or not. - see below the corrected alignment. Job Well Done.

Audi A6 Tracking - Result.jpg
  6. HerefordQuattro

HerefordQuattro Member

[Oct 14, 2012]
    how could they not get the wheel straight? you're right its the same setup as c5 so they should start at the back and set camber then adjust rear toe to suit . at the front camber is not adjustable but can be equalized by moving sub frame but Thats a dealership only job. all they had to do at the front was lock the steering wheel straight and then adjust the rod ends on steering arm to bring toe back to spec. biggest problem is seized bolts but that shouldn't be a problem on such a new car really...
  7. coach

coach Member

[Oct 14, 2012]
    I dont know. They adjusted it and the wheel was showing right when you were travelling straight. Then they adjusted it again and it was to the lef, then they tried again and it was back to the right but not as far. They gave up then. I think they were only doing the front adjustment. Its sorted now anyway as they advised me to go to a proper place.