1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tracker or not to Tracker?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by steeve, Feb 17, 2005.

1. steeve

steeve Active Member

[Feb 17, 2005]
    New 3.2 should I have a tracker fitted? If so why? Its insured and I am having the gap insurance any way. If its stolen I dont want it back .....

So whats the point? Had tracker on my STi but only because its fitted as standard and required by the insurance companies..

What would you do? What is the benefit other than any scumbags that steal it might get caught.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/MexWave.gif
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 16, 2014]

3. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore

[Feb 17, 2005]
    Steeve, had the tracker horizon fitted for around £600-700 and took gap insurance on my R32. Thinking back, probably overkill, and as you said if it is stolen, you don't want it back.

However, if stolen, and recovered without tracker, you get it back, eventually. If stolen with tracker, you should get it back very quickly and with hopefully minor damage. Tracker horizon recovery rate is about 98%.

Also, if you are thinking about modding your car, you will find your gap insurance is void also.

If you want the piece of mind that tracker can instill then go for it, but in this day and age their is nothing gonna stop some one getting your car if they really want it.
  4. marriedblonde

marriedblonde Moderator

[Feb 18, 2005]
    personally I wouldn;t bother with a tracker as others have said I'd rather not get my car back. And lets face it if someone nickjs it you;ve lost your excess anyway.

J.