1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

track rod arm

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Birdy, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Birdy

Birdy Member

[Jan 6, 2013]
    just wondering if it is possible to replace one track rod arm from a s3? has anybody done this before iv done it in other cars in the past just not sure it is possible on the s3. mines a 2000 if it makes a difference. does anybody have a one lying around i could buy?? cheers
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 22, 2014]

3. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition Staff Member Moderator

[Jan 6, 2013]
    New ones are around 35 quid from euro carparts and they have a 25% off deal at the moment so I would buy a new one...

If you are looking for second hand then use the classifieds as wanted ads in the main forums will result in thread closure...

Its a relatively straight forward job but requires a special tool to undo the arm at the rack...

<tuffty/>
  4. Birdy

Birdy Member

[Jan 6, 2013]
    cool i get one ordered cheers. is the tool easy to get hold of as i have an extensive tool set anway, but when you say special is it somthing i would need to ask audi for?? i wasnt trying to use the main forum as a classified just thought i would the question while i was in the mind set. thanks again for the info
  5. <tuffty/>

[Jan 6, 2013]
  6. Birdy

Birdy Member

[Jan 6, 2013]
    massive thanks mate big help
  7. <tuffty/>

[Jan 6, 2013]
    ...not sure if there are different sizes available or what size is needed for an S3 track rod... I'd get the rod then measure it... you could also have a quick google as I am sure there are some homemade alternatives out there...

<tuffty/>