1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Track rod and update.

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by jojo, Apr 27, 2013.

1. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

So after a week of tinkering, I have managed to fit my adjustable tie bars on my car, and needed to fit a track rod ready for my 4 wheel alignment today. I didn't have the tool to remove mine, so many thanks to A3-Lee for popping over to my shop to sort me out whilst I was working away.

Parked up ready.
    [​IMG]

I decided to jack it up, put it on an axle stand and remove the wheel so he could just crack on when he arrived.
    [​IMG]

The offending item, flopping about, it was fubar'd!
    [​IMG]

So once all fitted, I quickly whipped the wheel on, and the car felt tight again when I drove it home after work. Had the Geo all done today, 1.09 degrees camber on rear with factory toe, car was tracking straight and seems to hold the road well.
    [​IMG]

There's this rather large hole I need to drive over on the way into my shop back, and the S3 seemed to make this funny loose noise when going over it! I always thought it was the strut tops, but I changed those, and it made no difference, but and now it's gone!

So very happy indeed! :)
  2. A3-Lee

A3-Lee Active Member

Glad to help mate