track day toy idea's ?

Just found a pic of my mates old 172 Cup track car from last Feb at Bedford Autodrome

Belly1.jpg

another shout for the clio. my neighbour picked up a cheap 182 last year, cat c if i remember correctly and coverted it to a full track car, goes like a rocket. and there wont be any problems for the taller gent, i'm 6'4' and fit in no problem with the buckets

i never had any problems with them.
were they bedded in before using them hard? rusty discs? old brake fluid?
reguarding them smoking like that. its more likely a binding brake.

Yes the brakes on my S2 twice were properly bedded in as were they on the Impreza and my brothers Fiesta. Discs were brand new on all the cars, on my S2 and the Impreza with the EBC Turbo Groove discs. Brake fluid was no older than 2 years in any of the cars and 2nd time round on my S2 it was all flushed through with brand new stuff at the same time as fitting the kit.

Brakes were absolutely not binding on any of the cars. I know this for fact as I'm anal about stripping them, cleaning them and lubing them correctly during any pad swap and changing the pad removed the problem

The fault absolutely lay with the beyond rubbish Green Stuff pads. As I have already said a friend of mine refuses to trade in the pads following on from the issues I found along with other customers and is now commonly known that the issue of the pad compound as being worse than useless.

The brakes on my S2 have since been changed for a Focus conversion using OEM pads and it stops better than ever (EBC could run out of stopping inside of the first lap at Bedford, The Focus brakes cope with a full session before even vaguely showing signs of weakening) and my brothers set up swapped for ST150 brakes which has also removed the issue completely. The Impreza had the pads swapped out for a set of Mintex pads until the fitment of a set of AP Racing 6 pots.

Last edited: