1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TQS wheel bearings ??

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by Bradderz_1988, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Bradderz_1988

Bradderz_1988 Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!

My front wheel bearings are starting to become noisey wheres best place to get them from and also what brand would you guys recommend what size are the fronts 75mm or 82mm also what size are the rears ????

was thinking of ringing allgermanparts or would you recommend somewhere else ??
  2. Bradderz_1988

Bradderz_1988 Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!

All sorted now just couldnt find my previous thread lol

can get 2 genuine audi bearings for the front for £92 so may just stick to good old oem parts !!
  3. PAULF

PAULF Active Member

I got the last set I fitted from All German. I've had nothing but trouble with half-decent ones from my local factors, and the original cheap ones I fitted were even worse. They lasted between a year and a half to six months!

Investigation on the removed ones showed varying evidence of 'brinelling' on the race, pitting, out of round balls and damage to the plastic cage.

All of this was most likely caused by the introduction of chocolate to the manufacturing process!

To date, I think I have fitted 7 bearings to her car (the last ones being FAG from All German last week), so I am getting quite adept at doing so! (I really should add to the 'What did you do today thread')

I have not been a happy bunny over it, and would REALLY recommend talking to Jason!

(I'll start a brake caliper rant next :ninja: )
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2013
  4. jcb

jcb Active Member

likewise.
    go for the best, its too much hassle to do them again in 6m!
  5. Nessy

Nessy VW + Audi mad

Only fit OEM, unless you want to do the job again in a few months time!
    I tried to cut corners (slightly) a few years ago by fitting FEBI German-made bearings (at least that is how they were described but now I wonder if they really were? ), but they lasted about 9 months/9K miles before becoming noisy.
    Then sourced a pair of Genuine ones (one was SKG and the other FAG) and they have been on there now for about 18 months with no issues.
  6. spartacus 68

spartacus 68 Member

That's what I fitted to the rear. Excellent bearings!

Rant away! Bearings are a pain in the ba**ocks compared to the relative ease of caliper problems! :eiertritt: