tqs clutch slipping ! can I/should I risk not replacing the dmf?

fullpower

Reaction score
as above my clutch has started to slip I could really do without having to pay 275 just for a flywheel right before xmas i can do 90 for the clutch and maybe the money to have fitted (never done one) but at the mo with the fly wheel no chance. Ive got no judder or anything just the clutch slipping, anyone risked it and got away with it? or am i likely to get burned?

Cheapest option is to throw a clutch in but then theres always the risk of the flywheel going a few months done the line then you may have to replace the clutch again if it was me i would Change it to valeo single mass unit.

Or hold and drive like a oldman till after xmas and fit a 1Z flywheel with machining to take a 240mm S2 3B clutch then its there if you go up to anything near the 280hp+ mark !!

Got it done at last they guy who done it said the flywheels was fine all tho he did order 1 just in case before taking apart but sent it back , cost me 280 for the clutch n fitting, cvboot and change the gearbox oil, not bad really fist time ive been to a garage for a long time. fullpower literally:audibash::racer:

Once the clutch starts slipping, it can burn the flywheel friction material very quickly.

only drove it twice after it started to slip in any serious way fingers crossed, I left to the mechanics judgement he had one there if it needed it and he said it didnt.