1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TPS new policy - Turning away non-trade customers

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Metro, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Metro

Metro Error

Since the beginning of this month TPS have "**stopped**" serving non trade customers, I called them today and asked about it, apparently if you already have an account or purchased from them recently they will pull strings and put it through as a cash trade sale... I'm not 100% on whether this applies to all outlets but i thought I'd give a forum heads up..

If anyone has recent experience with certain tps outlets, whether they have or havnt served you it might be worth keeping a tab on the forum so members know where to go for their parts. I'll start off by saying the tps in the CV postcode served me yesterday.
  2. Gops

Gops 6th gear @7000rpm

You From cov mate?
  3. Metro

Metro Error

I'm from southam towards leamington. But i live in Derbyshire half the week. Any meets in the coventry area?
  4. Customboy

Customboy Member

The one for me in south London the old Kent road served me fine and did ask does it make a difference that I'm not a trader they told me no so hopefully they will carry this on ! If they do be great !
  5. Jason.s

Jason.s Active Member

They seem to go through phases, MK TPS have said they won't serve retail punters but then most of the time they do. They need to carry on as they lose customers by the day from the amount of phone calls I get slagging them off.
  6. Metro

Metro Error

The guy said the the parts are sourced from Germany and they are clamping down on who they sell too because of issues they have had... I don't think tps acctualy want to stop selling to non-trade though, it would loose them a lot of money I think..
  7. liquids3

liquids3 Member

I thought that was always there policy,i work in the trade,but if you don't just name a local garage say you work there and you want to pay cash!simples!
  8. Metro

Metro Error

That's probly the case mate, but the guy said they are clamping down on it. I've spent quite a lot at my 'local' but not so local (cos to derby xD) tps and know the guys quite well now so they said they make an exception for more 'regular' customers. I'm guessing there are other places like gsf but ive never been to one so couldn't rate it.

I guessed a little map out of tps places that will still serve non-trade would be useful to people as there was a thread yesterday about tps not selling him oil.
  9. smokiedee

smokiedee Member

i used croydon one fine this morning
  10. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :)

Metromaster, have a look in the meets thread, there is a regular meet in Cov, once a week.

Also, I noticed this as well, a few months ago, I got a battery from Lesta TPS and they charged me trade (paying by card), but when I went to get some switches for the wifes polo, they quoted me retail price, was the same at the Brum one too!!
  11. vfr800

vfr800 Member

MK TPS - no problems there - super helpful all the time.
  12. Metro

Metro Error

I get charged trade at the cv tps they're good guys.
  13. bez101

bez101 Yorkshire & Humber Rep. Regional Rep

no problem with sheffield/chesterfield
  14. vfr800

vfr800 Member

London North TPS - refused my business and kindly pointed me in the direction of a local Audi stealer. :3sadwalk:
  15. Metro

Metro Error

Wow that's rubbish. Derby tps served me yesterday for a few bits
  16. LoopTrooper

LoopTrooper Member

Annoying as there is a TPS on my door step. Think I'll have to try name dropping as my mates garage ain't far either.
  17. s3joe

s3joe Member

Audi send you to the local tps in Liverpool.