TPS new policy - Turning away non-trade customers

Metro

Error
Reaction score
Since the beginning of this month TPS have "**stopped**" serving non trade customers, I called them today and asked about it, apparently if you already have an account or purchased from them recently they will pull strings and put it through as a cash trade sale... I'm not 100% on whether this applies to all outlets but i thought I'd give a forum heads up..

If anyone has recent experience with certain tps outlets, whether they have or havnt served you it might be worth keeping a tab on the forum so members know where to go for their parts. I'll start off by saying the tps in the CV postcode served me yesterday.

I'm from southam towards leamington. But i live in Derbyshire half the week. Any meets in the coventry area?

The one for me in south London the old Kent road served me fine and did ask does it make a difference that I'm not a trader they told me no so hopefully they will carry this on ! If they do be great !

They seem to go through phases, MK TPS have said they won't serve retail punters but then most of the time they do. They need to carry on as they lose customers by the day from the amount of phone calls I get slagging them off.

The guy said the the parts are sourced from Germany and they are clamping down on who they sell too because of issues they have had... I don't think tps acctualy want to stop selling to non-trade though, it would loose them a lot of money I think..

I thought that was always there policy,i work in the trade,but if you don't just name a local garage say you work there and you want to pay cash!simples!

That's probly the case mate, but the guy said they are clamping down on it. I've spent quite a lot at my 'local' but not so local (cos to derby xD) tps and know the guys quite well now so they said they make an exception for more 'regular' customers. I'm guessing there are other places like gsf but ive never been to one so couldn't rate it.

I guessed a little map out of tps places that will still serve non-trade would be useful to people as there was a thread yesterday about tps not selling him oil.

Metromaster, have a look in the meets thread, there is a regular meet in Cov, once a week.

Also, I noticed this as well, a few months ago, I got a battery from Lesta TPS and they charged me trade (paying by card), but when I went to get some switches for the wifes polo, they quoted me retail price, was the same at the Brum one too!!

no problem with sheffield/chesterfield

London North TPS - refused my business and kindly pointed me in the direction of a local Audi stealer. :3sadwalk:

Annoying as there is a TPS on my door step. Think I'll have to try name dropping as my mates garage ain't far either.