TP and TMC greyed out

marshalex

Reaction score
Hi

Picked up my A3 this week (fantastic so far!) however I've noticed that the TP and TMC options are constantly greyed out. Picks up ClassicFM no problem at all on DAB and FM so a bit confused as to what's wrong with it. The Nav traffic option is showing the reported traffic but I've not had a single radio traffic alert during am and pm rush hour since I've had the car. I've read that this may be a software issue. What software version fixes the TMC problem?

Thanks

There was an issue with TMC function and the summertime clock option in earlier software but it's fixed now. Is this a new car? If so then it will have the latest software, if not then it may need updating.

There was an issue with TMC function and the summertime clock option in earlier software but it's fixed now. Is this a new car? If so then it will have the latest software, if not then it may need updating.
It's a 14 plate registered June 14 with version 1048

Oh look, my old thread! :)

Yeah sounds like you need the newer software. Not sure what the relative versions are but, if you have the tech pack screen, you can easily tell if it's the newer software as the phone signal meter in the bottom right corner looks different and has a box around it on the newer software.

Mine is a '14 earlier car and tmc doesn't seem to be grayed out. Haven't tried to tp ever though as it's a pain to switch on and off, with my old car there was a button labelled tp, with the audi it is buried somewhere in the menu.

Mine is a '14 earlier car and tmc doesn't seem to be grayed out. Haven't tried to tp ever though as it's a pain to switch on and off, with my old car there was a button labelled tp, with the audi it is buried somewhere in the menu.

I have programmed my * button on the steering wheel to switch TP on and off for exactly the reason you quote.

Reactions: cuke2u
With the older software, it's not that TMC just doesn't work at all but rather has a tendency to pack up. I had mine "reset" by the dealer a few times, after which the TMC would work again for a while but would invariably stop at some point. The clock summertime option would disappear at the same time. The new software fixed it completely.

Oh and I use the steering wheel button to toggle nav directions myself, far more useful.

Oh and I use the steering wheel button to toggle nav directions myself, far more useful.

Do you mean you use the * button to switch SatNav voice instructions on and off? I find that's easy to do in the Nav section of the DIS - takes a couple of seconds whereas the TP is buried .....

Yeah that's what I meant. I tend to turn the directions off and on quite frequently. I tend to have them off whilst I'm relatively far away from my destination, on the motorway or A-roads for example, then turn them on when I get closer and I need constant directions. Maybe it's just me :p

I don't use TP at all and there's no other function I really want or need to be able to toggle off and on like that.

Might try the * button option next time I get in the car to disable/enable it.

On a bit of an odd note the TMC and the TP are both greyed out but were both working this morning (plenty of traffic incidents on the nav menu and radio broadcasts coming through). I think the version I've got does have the phone signal with a box around it. Dealer phoned this afternoon and is going to find out if there are any updates that will fix it.

If anyone's interested there's a new map update out as well