1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toyo T1-R Tyres

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by noslojo, Oct 18, 2005.

1. noslojo

noslojo Member

[Oct 18, 2005]
    Hi,

I've read the tyre info on the sticky but has anyone had any experience with these and how they compare to the T1-S or other tyres?

TIA
    /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Kev
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 22, 2014]

3. Woodster

Woodster Welcome to my world...

[Oct 19, 2005]
    Got a couple of these on the back of the TVR, great tyres for that motor, take about 500 miles (or 20 donuts /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif) to bed in and start to work at there best

Rich
  4. cybrey

cybrey Member

[Oct 21, 2005]
    Got them on the fronts of my T-Sport at the moment and they are awesome. I had pilot sports before this and the car hugely understeered, the car now turns in exceptionally well and holds a line a lot better. As to how the compare to the 'S's I've no idea /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Only downside is the tyre wear, the do wear quicker but I knew this before I bought them.
  5. DavidR

DavidR Active Member

[Oct 23, 2005]
    I prefer the T1-S. The R's give excellent low / moderate speed turn in but when near the limit they go soft.

The sidewalls are too stiff and the car moves about excessively compared to the t1-s and other tyres.

Excellent grip in the dry, best in the wet....
  6. paulwakinshaw

paulwakinshaw Member

[Oct 24, 2005]
    The T1-S were a total nightmare for the Elise, but the T1-R is considered better, its all down to the tyrewall flex.

I'm not sure how they will compare on the S3 for cornering ability, but for dry and wet grip they are up there with the best.
  7. noslojo

noslojo Member

[Oct 24, 2005]
    Thanks for that guys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif