1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Towbars

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by jungle, Feb 17, 2005.

1. jungle

jungle Member

[Feb 17, 2005]
    Hi Guys

The caravanning season is almost upon us and I need to fit a towbar. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Does anybody have an A3 with towbar fitted? I have a Sportback so maybe its a different towbar.

How much should I expect to pay? I have a vague memory of Audi asking absolutely ludicrous money, but if anybody could recommend a dealer / towbar fitter I would be very grateful.

Thanks

J

PS Before you jump on me, its actually for a motorbike trailer to get me to the nordschleife - will post dates for ess3, jaminBen, steph(ex)V6 and davidR etc in case you fancy joining me! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  2. JaminBen

JaminBen Member

[Feb 17, 2005]
    A bike on the 'Ring? Now that's gotta be intense!!!

When are you going?
  3. steeve

steeve Well-Known Member

[Feb 18, 2005]
    Love to go ..........mmmmmmmm
    So tempting!
  4. JaminBen

JaminBen Member

[Feb 18, 2005]
    Sounds absolutely, positively, completely and insanely fun!

I've taken out a fairly humongous loan for my business. The bank made me take insurance in case of disease, disability or death. If any of those should occur, the insurance will pay the loan. Exclusions are: Skydiving and racing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif. I'm writing this just for sh*ts and giggles, for should I do the 'ring, and god knows Iwant to, then I'll just take out additional insurance /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif.

But back to the topic, have you had any luck finding a tow hitch?
  5. steeve

steeve Well-Known Member

[Feb 20, 2005]
    Audi do a removable ball unit, that you cannot see when the ball is removed, not even the electrical connector is visible. It can be factory fitted (as mine is) or Dealer fit.....
    Its in the brochure ..........