1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Towbar wiring

acano Mar 7, 2010

1. acano

acano Member

hi,
    I have bought myself a detachable towbar that came with dedicated wiring (plug and play). both towbar and wiring came off a A4 saloon B7. Now with me having the A4 saloon B6, before i bought it I checked to make sure the towbar fits which it does:icon_thumright:. So before I start fitting, and only as it came with it, will the wiring plug in and work as it would with the B7? and will I need to do anything in Vag-com?

thanks Tony

2. scott b

scott b Active Member VCDS Map User

according to the witter website (towbar manufacturer) the bars are different, all though they fit the same way

and all though i dont fit the dedicated wiring when doing towbars, the audi ones need coding in i think

what make is the towbar?
    if its a genuine audi one (westfallia) ill see if they are compatable with the b6 and b7 on monday if you want.

i fit towbars for a living

3. acano

acano Member

Hi, thanks the towbar is a PCT detachable towbar from towequipe part number AD6013 and the wiring is still in the wrapper (never used) the guy i bought the towbar from stated that he never used the wiring and wasn't sure how it would work on the B6

4. scott b

scott b Active Member VCDS Map User

im pretty sure that the bar and wiring isnt suitable for the b6 model

5. acano

acano Member

**** ! I thought the bar would fit. I checked it out here
    just wasnt sure about the wiring. now you have me concerned