1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TOWBAR on b5 a4. do you have one?

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by imported_Yaseen, Jan 18, 2005.

1. imported_Yaseen

imported_Yaseen Guest

[Jan 18, 2005]
    If so did you have to cut the rear bumper? How big was the hole you cut?

- please can you if possible post pics of the bumper hole!!

Many Thanks
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 28, 2014]

3. imported_kris_tdi

imported_kris_tdi Guest

[Jan 18, 2005]
    i have one, no didnt cut anything too make it fit., it goes under the rear bumper
  4. imported_ZeroK66

imported_ZeroK66 Guest

[Jan 18, 2005]
    I have one... mine was factory I think??? No cutting by the looks of things, never actually checked though...
  5. fallmonk

fallmonk Turbo Sport

[Jan 18, 2005]
    think u will need to buy OEM to go under the bumper !
  6. vibroman

vibroman New Member

[Jan 19, 2005]
    i have one fitted(its a witter one)and what a poxy job it is to fit as well.In the metal channel bit of the bumper you will see a pressed half circle bit-thats the bit that needs cutting out and the bumper bit(which is black) to match.Then you will have the fun bit to get the boot lid/estate door to close cos it hits the bumper.........................good luck and hope this helps.
  7. ribena

ribena Member

[Jan 19, 2005]
    hi yaseen

go to www.towbarsdirect.co.uk

I got a detachable bosal one for £280ish, dead easy to fit and un detectable when not in use

will post a piccy later
  8. imported_Yaseen

imported_Yaseen Guest

[Jan 19, 2005]
    Thanks for the reply /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

But its ok, dont need a pic unless you cut a hole in bumper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  9. imported_Yaseen

imported_Yaseen Guest

[Jan 19, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    vibroman said:
    i have one fitted(its a witter one)and what a poxy job it is to fit as well.In the metal channel bit of the bumper you will see a pressed half circle bit-thats the bit that needs cutting out and the bumper bit(which is black) to match.Then you will have the fun bit to get the boot lid/estate door to close cos it hits the bumper.........................good luck and hope this helps.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im gonna have to check the one im buying carefully in this case, Thanks for the advice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  10. Crippsy

Crippsy New Member

11. QuantumJohn

QuantumJohn Member

[Jan 19, 2005]
    Yaseen,
    Sounds like he had a Witter towbar fitted. I have one my TDI and that sounds about the size of the whole I had to cut. Pretty small really and you should be able to repair it. Otherwise how about a centre exit exhaust like the Boxster!?!

John
  12. imported_Yaseen

imported_Yaseen Guest

[Jan 19, 2005]
    Dont say the word boxter to me!! Trying to find some boxter calipers cheap- not easy!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Don`t think a centre exhaust would suit the b5, im going for two small round exhausts on each side (done a photoshop and looks good!!)