TOWBAR on b5 a4. do you have one?

I

imported_Yaseen

If so did you have to cut the rear bumper? How big was the hole you cut?

- please can you if possible post pics of the bumper hole!!

Many Thanks

i have one, no didnt cut anything too make it fit., it goes under the rear bumper

I have one... mine was factory I think??? No cutting by the looks of things, never actually checked though...

i have one fitted(its a witter one)and what a poxy job it is to fit as well.In the metal channel bit of the bumper you will see a pressed half circle bit-thats the bit that needs cutting out and the bumper bit(which is black) to match.Then you will have the fun bit to get the boot lid/estate door to close cos it hits the bumper.........................good luck and hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

But its ok, dont need a pic unless you cut a hole in bumper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
vibroman said:
i have one fitted(its a witter one)and what a poxy job it is to fit as well.In the metal channel bit of the bumper you will see a pressed half circle bit-thats the bit that needs cutting out and the bumper bit(which is black) to match.Then you will have the fun bit to get the boot lid/estate door to close cos it hits the bumper.........................good luck and hope this helps.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im gonna have to check the one im buying carefully in this case, Thanks for the advice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Yaseen,
Sounds like he had a Witter towbar fitted. I have one my TDI and that sounds about the size of the whole I had to cut. Pretty small really and you should be able to repair it. Otherwise how about a centre exit exhaust like the Boxster!?!

John

Dont say the word boxter to me!! Trying to find some boxter calipers cheap- not easy!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Don`t think a centre exhaust would suit the b5, im going for two small round exhausts on each side (done a photoshop and looks good!!)