1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Towbar fitment

moggie93 Mar 23, 2012

1. moggie93

moggie93 Member

Hi all.. I'm currently looking for a tow bar for my b6 avant.. I've been offered one off a b7 ..
    my question is would this fit my car..
    thanks M

2. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

I think so, but try a PM to Scottb to make sure.

3. moggie93

moggie93 Member

Thanks quattrojames.. I thought it would fit but some towbar sites list a different part number for both and some others say the same.. I'll pm Scottb..
    M

4. Stickystuff

Stickystuff Member

A little bit of a thread resurrection. But just as I wanted to know, did you manage to fit the B7 tow bar to your B6?

I've found a detachable/hidden one on eBay for what seams a good price but they don't list one for the B6 in the same vertical fitting.

Much appreciated

5. moggie93

moggie93 Member

Sorry but I managed to get a hold of the proper towbar.

6. bez_123

bez_123 New Member VCDS Map User

the b7's dont fit as there different towbar part numbers, i am Warrington's witter dealer, just letting you know that there different

7. Stickystuff

Stickystuff Member

Yeah I thought it was the case. I found a 'cheap' hidden detachable tow bar for a B7 but the equivalent for the B6 is at least £50-60 more. Looks like I'll have to save a little.

For the time being I got some roof bars and a cycle carrier.