1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Towball Clearance

Discussion in 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C5 Chassis)' started by timsp8, Jul 20, 2008.

1. timsp8

timsp8 New Member

[Jul 20, 2008]
    Does anyone here have the Westfalia detachable towbar fitted to their A6 Avant (mines a 2000W)? If so could they post the clearance between the towball and rear bumper? I'm wanting to fit a 4 bike carrier, have a towbar fitted but missing towball, and want to know whether the Westfalia kit gives enough clearance for Thule platform models.

Thanks in advance

Tim
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 28, 2014]

3. djl78

djl78 New Member

[Jul 20, 2008]
    I've got an A6 ALLROAD and get 3 inches between center of towbar ball and bumper.
    regards
    djl
  4. timsp8

timsp8 New Member

[Jul 27, 2008]
    Thanks djl

That fits with what the manual says for the minimum clearance between bumper and towball, assuming that my car has a factory fitted towbar (the max nose-weight stickers are in German so hope so). Btw a replacement towball doesn't come cheap at @ £150-£160 (which is why I wanted to ask before ordering), especially when the full kit is £210-£220. But there are 3.5 hours labour on top of that for fitting.......don't trust my own skills either......if it fell off could be a pretty lethal weapon........m'lud.

Tim