Tow Bar problem

mccrum

Reaction score
photo.JPG

Hi, I have just bought a 2005 A3 1.9 TDI. It came with a tow bar fitted and I got it removed and noticed a square chunk had been cut out of the bumper. Would this be able to be fixed without replacing the bottom lower bumper? If I need to replace it what part do I need?

Thanks in advance.

just replace it
the part number is on there very easy to remove

Yes, but would need to plastic weld it 1st to patch the cutout up, then fill/sand & then paint, in the end its a cheapish part about £50-60 iirc, then get painted as it comes primed iirc from my ones I bought.

I actually wanted a towbar fitment, so bought sport lower valance that has the removable flap invisible when fitted so I could use removable towbar, then found out there was a sline valance so swapped it for that, then got my S3 bumper & as the S3 valance isnt available in towbar fitments, I made a removable flap in the valance, so I have S3 rear with removable flap for removable towbar, when not in use cant even see the removable flap, job done.

What is your colour code?

I have a lower spoiler I will sell you from my car in good condition, I'm removing it to fit one with a removable section for a detachable towbar.