1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tow bar issue

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by stuhow3361, Jul 3, 2010.

1. stuhow3361

stuhow3361 Member

bought my avant with a "quick release" pct bar fitted.any ideas how to get it off? i've drilled out the lock since i was told i had the wrong keys but th big black release wheel still will not turn.i want to keep the bar but would also like it off when not in use.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. scott b

scott b Active Member
    VCDS Map User

try pulling the handle out then twisting the handle, if you had said befor hand i could of got replacement keys for you

4. Tooks

Tooks Active Member

Is it the Audi one? I've just been and had a look at mine, and you have to pull the black knob/wheel out and then turn it. The neck should then just fall out and it will be 'primed' ready for refitting next time?

5. stuhow3361

stuhow3361 Member

No, it's a PCT bar.The wheel does pull out slightly but does not turn either way.

6. scott b

scott b Active Member
    VCDS Map User

what you may be able to do then is get a full on replacement neck, as if you look up where the neck locates, the ousing should be bolted on.