1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tow bar help

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B8 Chassis)' started by riggssuzuki, Mar 21, 2012.

1. riggssuzuki

riggssuzuki Active Member

I am trying to get detaiuls about an Audi fitted towbar. They are quoting me in excess of £1300 to fit one. THey say its because the entire rear of the car needs replaced and that the car needs a software update. They also say its only audi who can do it without causing damage to the wiring and canbus programming. I am beiong ripped off? Previous cars only cost up to a max of £500.
  2. riggssuzuki

Ok. Another question. Anyone know if the lower valance/diffuser on the rear bumper is replaceable? It looks like it is. Audi say they cant fit a towbar because of the valance thing. Local towbar bloke says no prob. Just change it for a standard valance/diffuser. Anyone got one going for spares??????
  3. riggssuzuki

Anyone?????
  4. l5tuy

l5tuy Member

Course your being ripped off, it's the dealer. I am away to fit a towbar to my saloon and have done a bit of research, it's all straight forward enough with the exception of the coding in. My best advice is to do a internet search as well as a google one and you will get answers to all your questions.

5tuy
  5. VRStu

VRStu Just Looking

Fitted my own towbar. Bought OEM (Westfalia) from PF Jones for about £300. The Lower section of the bumper is replaceable but if you buy a removable Westfalia bar you hardly need to cut it.
  6. VRStu

VRStu Just Looking

7. murran

murran Active Member

im in the middle of fitting a gen. towbar kit to an 05 plate touran........ to say its a ballache laying cables all the way to the under dash area is an understatement. and all so it automatically turns the parking sensors off when a trailer is hooked up etc.

not got as far as coding it in etc yet.
  8. riggssuzuki

Towbar was fitted with no issues whatso ever by local caravan dealer. Ok they had to cut a hole in the rear splitter thing but it looks ok. Just the parking sensors still come on. So i just switch them off. The car towed like a dream. MPG was shocking but i expected that. Dont think too many people were complaining about being held up by a caravan lets put it that way!! :icon_thumright:
  9. TripleD

TripleD Audi Novice

Got a picture of it fitted? Was it a removable one?
  10. riggssuzuki

Yes it was and i will get a pic at the weekend when i get home.
  11. riggssuzuki

By the way i have been quoted £31 for a replacement spoiler thingy to replace the one thats been cut should i ever remove the towbar completely. Thats direct from Audi.......Tidy!
  12. TripleD

TripleD Audi Novice

Bargin! But guess you need it painting too!