1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tow bar fitted, electrics not fitted

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by B5NUT, Sep 14, 2013.

1. B5NUT

B5NUT Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

[Sep 14, 2013]
    So someone at some point has fitted a removable towbar, but never bothered sorting out the electrics. Anyone fitted a towbar to a B5 that could help. The make of the towbar is a bosal and the model is an A50X.
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2013
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 18, 2014]

3. jbh

jbh TDi lover

[Sep 14, 2013]
    ive just fitted one the other day not the same tow bar but if its the electrics you need help with I could check the colours of the wires ive used.
    I used my test meter to work out what was what on mine so to be honest I never really paid much attention to what colour of wires I used.
  4. B5NUT

B5NUT Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

[Sep 14, 2013]
    The colors could be different on my make of tow bar, so that may not help. I do have a couple of questions is your car a facelift model B5, also was there any electronic devices with the kit or is it just the case of tapping into the wires of one of the rear light clusters.
  5. jbh

jbh TDi lover

[Sep 14, 2013]
    I just tapped into the wires on the rear cluster. my car is a PFL the FL may need a proper loom or a bypass relay.
    if its single electricsw they should have the same coloured wiring as there pretty much standard. the 13 pin euro plug could be different though.
    James