1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Touchless Cleanup of A4 - play with new snow-foam

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by stevemiles70, Dec 30, 2010.

1. stevemiles70

stevemiles70 Member

[Dec 30, 2010]
    Hi all :sm4:

Thought I would do a write-up of a clean-up just completed, It is far from a full-detail, but had just received some new supplies and wanted to play with a couple of hours free had this afternoon. Sorry some of the after pics are not great, need a decent camera to capture, plus light was fading and **** for reflecting the silver.

Plus I was keen to test out the new magifoam from AutoBrite as part of Touchless cleanup routine that I am trying out along with ONR.

I apologise now if you have read or will read this (and my subsequent details I do) on other frequented Audi Forums... I am a bit of a pic-whore :laugh:

I thought I would include this AB Magifoam mini review/test also... this stuff has simply amazed me practically given me a Touchless Wash with no need to follow with Bucket/Mitt and also no pre-rinse with an APC or something like VP Orange Pre-wash that have been using. I could see it dissolving and the dirt running off as it dwelled

So, here is the victim and as can be seen its not that dirty as I had given it a winter detail/ Colly jacket previously, but has a fair bit of caked on mud from country lanes since last maintenance wash few weeks back.

Note I am also using the std detergent bottle and not the AB Foam lance (for reasons that I am keeping sceret... suffices to say I am stupid) ...but still impressed with foaming action.

The routine I used was Foam, dwell, rinse, ONR through super sprayer, dwell, ONR again, dwell and then spritz each panel with ONR QD and dry.

The results speak for themselves (sorry for **** pics that dont do justice to the finish), no agitation of mitts or manual intervention anywhere on the car apart form drying ... superb IMO :rock:

I then went on to finish the car using Jeffs Acryllic and dress tyres/ arches/ trim etc and top up wheels with protection, with no need to touch/clean any further from Power wash rinse and ONR wipe down.

Onto the pics :D

New stash of products arrived to replen the detailing kit 8)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Only using std detergent bottle not foam lance so not a great deal of thick foam, but the cleaners still did their magic in the product; and didnt stick as well on a dry car, but then putting this down to not being a foam lance, still did an impressive job though
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It certainly seemed to have no problem reaching the car, and had a bit of overspray, was like my own snow storm and managed to covers neigbours car and the blue vauxhall parked a good dew feet away
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These afters are just following a rinse, no agitation involved, pretty impressive cleaning power....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Run out of space as its says reached max number of pics... will add onto next post
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 15, 2014]

3. stevemiles70

stevemiles70 Member

[Dec 30, 2010]
    Continued here....

Then went over car with ONR and then ONR as QD in hand spray bottle and wiped down dry.

Finally topped up Jeffs acryllic, cleaned glass/lights, dressed trim, arches and tyres... zero touch almost apart from the Drying :thumb:

As mentioned, sorry some of the after pics are not great, need a decent camera to capture, plus light was fading and **** for reflecting the silver, plus think the damp conditions weren't great for buffing off product. There is some really good reflection and flake pop, that cant capture in these pics :cry:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. S3 Rav

S3 Rav Well-Known Member

[Dec 30, 2010]
    Impressive results there!
  5. stevemiles70

stevemiles70 Member

[Dec 30, 2010]
    Thanks.

Only had a couple of hours, looking forward to the weekend if its better weather and make a start on the RS :cool:
  6. s3 Hoggy

s3 Hoggy Whats going on???

[Dec 31, 2010]
    Seen this over on DW, your evo was a tidy one!
  7. stevemiles70

stevemiles70 Member

[Dec 31, 2010]
    Cheers.. It is missed, if could have both I would. Will be doing a spring clean-up on it in the new year for the new owner so will write up on DW.
  8. S3 Rav

S3 Rav Well-Known Member

[Jan 1, 2011]
    look forward to the rs write up. ill be doing my cousins as soon as the weather brightens up..in sprint blue very nice!!
  9. Smoothie

Smoothie Active Member

[Jan 1, 2011]
    Good results there
  10. CHRIS555

CHRIS555 DOPE with added OCD

11. stevemiles70

stevemiles70 Member

[Jan 1, 2011]
    Thanks, much appreciated. More coming soon when I have the time, my real day job permits me to pursue my passion.
  12. mitch2575

mitch2575 Member

[Jan 2, 2011]
    Looking good Fella...
  13. audicruiser

audicruiser Audi Heaven

[Jan 2, 2011]
    Looking good, nice turn around...
  14. stevemiles70

stevemiles70 Member

[Jan 2, 2011]
    Thanks Guys.

Doing a SB RS4 @ the weekend I hope and a neigbours A3 when get a chance. Will post them up when done.