1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Touching Cloth...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by rickquattro, Dec 9, 2004.

1. rickquattro

rickquattro Member

[Dec 9, 2004]
    Have you ever had a drive that was just sooooooo right? Happened to me last night on the way back home from the Lakes to Edinburgh. I took the A7 from Carlisle north, not the usual A701. The roads were quiet, empty, dry.....it was easy to spot the lights of oncoming cars......cool enough to help up the responsiveness a bit........bose stereo was pumping a mix of Zappa guitar solo's and ZZ Top way way way too loud......on a road that I know all the lines on from summer motorbiking........concentrating on keeping the flow smooth and fast as the Tdi hauls well but probably doesnt sprint between corners like an S3....triple digit speed and 4wd corner traction......hammering up to cars in front and ripping past on a wave of 5th gear torque.....80 miles of hedonistic camera free high speed concentrated action......and the finale being a full bore rip on the bypass between Sherrifhall and the A1 with a lovely 3rd gear drift around the roundabout on the way to Walleyford (yes really)....deep and prolonged joy!

All ended with my lass handing me a Hoegaarden litre glass (oh yes indeedy), of G&T and a sh*g in front of the fire /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush2.gif.....It doesn't get much better than that.....

Took about an hour to calm down....no dear, didn't drive too fast at all......yeh, right!

Oh well, off to Tesco's tomorrow....tum te tum....

Rick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 25, 2014]

3. bravepilot

bravepilot Member

[Dec 9, 2004]
    Sometimes, life is too good to be true

Beeeee happeeeeee /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
  4. dickys3

dickys3 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Dec 9, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Rickquattro said:
    Have you ever had a drive that was just sooooooo right? Happened to me last night on the way back home from the Lakes to Edinburgh. I took the A7 from Carlisle north, not the usual A701. The roads were quiet, empty, dry.....it was easy to spot the lights of oncoming cars......cool enough to help up the responsiveness a bit........bose stereo was pumping a mix of Zappa guitar solo's and ZZ Top way way way too loud......on a road that I know all the lines on from summer motorbiking........concentrating on keeping the flow smooth and fast as the Tdi hauls well but probably doesnt sprint between corners like an S3....triple digit speed and 4wd corner traction......hammering up to cars in front and ripping past on a wave of 5th gear torque.....80 miles of hedonistic camera free high speed concentrated action......and the finale being a full bore rip on the bypass between Sherrifhall and the A1 with a lovely 3rd gear drift around the roundabout on the way to Walleyford (yes really)....deep and prolonged joy!

All ended with my lass handing me a Hoegaarden litre glass (oh yes indeedy), of G&T and a sh*g in front of the fire /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush2.gif.....It doesn't get much better than that.....

Took about an hour to calm down....no dear, didn't drive too fast at all......yeh, right!

Oh well, off to Tesco's tomorrow....tum te tum....

Rick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

The bit about the shag in front of the fire made me chuckle!

5. CJ A4

CJ A4 Active Member

[Dec 9, 2004]
    Nice man.......nice!
  6. TIRO

TIRO Member

[Dec 9, 2004]
    I'd have been asleep after the sh*g!
  7. fallmonk

fallmonk Turbo Sport

[Dec 9, 2004]
    Sounds the perfect day out !
    BUT the question wot was the better "ride" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif
    actually u better not answer that as it might get u into trouble lol
  8. CJ A4

CJ A4 Active Member

[Dec 9, 2004]
    Trust you Fallmonk HAHAHA /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif
  9. Khufu

Khufu Well-Known Member

[Dec 10, 2004]
    lol, I know what you mean. I felt like I was on speed after my 1st Scottish meet. Only had the car 2 months and had never tried to keep up with S3's on roads I had never been on before /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
  10. 28v6

28v6 Guest

[Dec 11, 2004]
    Yeah...and he never told us who was the reddest, her ass from the carpet burns or his nuts from being toasted at the fire /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif.....hmmmmmmm all very yuletide - ish /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif....Oh no! another question what was bigger the Yule Log or.....Nah We won't go there... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif
  11. rickquattro

rickquattro Member

[Dec 11, 2004]
    Aha! Back after a short delay......no carpet burns (Ikea sheepskins, Mmmmm nice!), or roasted nuts (twin intercoolers...)......

And you lot thought that Santa only comes once a year.....Ahem...and that was down a chimney.....

12. rickquattro

rickquattro Member

[Dec 11, 2004]
    and afterwards, a happy pussy........... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif
  13. imported_YOGi

imported_YOGi Guest

[Dec 12, 2004]
    Is the poor cat tied down to them cushions???

14. CJ A4

CJ A4 Active Member

[Dec 12, 2004]
    COOL buy 8 cusions and get a free pussy! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif